Friday, November 20, 2020

Frosty's Night Out!

Sometimes I laugh at the names designers give their patterns.  This one definitely made me laugh, but I thought that little snowman is just too adorable!  Until I started stitching him that is.  I stopped here last night and thought....eeeek he's a scary looking snowman!!



But then I continued on this morning and with his nose, and the grey color covered with the lighter color he looked less scary in the light of day!  I bought this pattern a while ago and couldn't wait to get him started.  I did have to substitute some of the colors as I couldn't find all the threads called for.  Now to figure out how to finish him off.  Oh that sounds bad, I mean fully finish him into something I can display.  I'll have to have a nosey at Hobby Lobby and see what I can come up with!



So this has been Frosty's Night Out stitched on 40 count Dapper.  I just love how he turned out on this fabric!  If you have any ideas about finishing, please comment.  I need something that is a little more in my price range...those wooden boxes tend to be a bit pricey!

Well thanks for visiting...and Happy Stitching until we meet again! 

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh yes, so much better with his face filled in!
How about a box intended for decoupage? They are very reasonably priced and can be covered in fabric or papers.

Clare-Aimetu said...

He's lovely ... now he's finished. He did look a bit scary mid way. As for the finish I am hooked on the flat finish I did for the flowers, I love it and have finished a few more items in the same way.

mahmoud elsayed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

LOL what a journey from scary to adorable. I'm sure you will find the perfect finish for him. You always seem to.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

He definitely looks better with his face filled in :)