Thursday, November 19, 2020

Anniversaries of the Heart

You know me, I'm a sucker for SALs....sadly I can't keep up with all of them, I should scale back.  I say that every year and then I get sucked in to more and more...LOL!  I know, I'm crazy.  Anyway, little, innocent, Ms. Mouse over in the UK has enticed me into another one.  There she sits over there on the other side of the pond with her angelic halo...haha  Ok, I'll be honest, I begged to get into her SAL.  I have had these patterns for 10 years...yup that's right, 10 YEARS!!!  I had the fabric, most of the floss, and all the patterns, sitting in a box in my cupboard just waiting to get started.  She just gave me the incentive.  Ok, so we are going to stitch the patterns on one piece of fabric (There are 12 with a couple bonus ones in there) one each month working on them on weekends.  Well that's her plan anyway.  My weekends are usually chewed up with family stuff, church and the like.  So I will be stitching here and there while I throw a few little ones in the mix.  Whew...I'm long winded today....let's just say we will try to stitch one a month until they are done, hopefully by this time next year.  I've begun with the first one, Snow Garden.  I'm not going to say who the initials stand for or dates for now.  I finished it last night!  Yippee!  LOL  I'm going to wait until after the first of December to start the next one, I have a few little things I want to accomplish first.  So....here is a picture.  I'm stitching this on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha using the called for hand dyed threads.  Those initials stitched over one are going to be a challenge, but I do like the effect.  So far, I love how it is working up.



Hopefully I'll be back to finishing more ornaments (and getting a few more stitched) and I'll post to show my progress.  Happy Stitching Everyone! 

5 comments:

Vickie said...

This is beautiful DJ. I am 3/4 done with mine. I have mine on all one piece of 25ct, all over one. I need to get back to it also.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You are so weak LOL. This is going to be a wonderful SAL, just persuade Mouse to blog regularly too.
I was also going to suggest looking at Vickie's blog to see her version.
You've made a lovely start, it's going to look beautiful on 40 count.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your first block looks so pretty, DJ! If you are on Instagram, there are several who are currently working on or have shared finishes.

Katie said...

I do the same thing haha. I'm trying really hard to be good in 2021. Just stitch and enjoy it. Lovely work. I will enjoy cheering you along.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It looks good, DJ. I've always admired this design.