Sunday, February 14, 2021

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

 Happy Valentine's Day and welcome to the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop created and organized by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  Each year she hosts this fun blog hop where we are given a photo someone has stitched that we post to our blog on Valentine's Day.  Then we hop around the list of bloggers found on Jo's blog until we find the picture that we submitted and reveal ourselves.  This year I was sent the picture of  this beautifully stitched pillow.  The specialty stitches are so elaborate and so exquisitely done, she is a very talented needleworker.  It's a great way to meet other stitchers, see their blogs and find lots of new projects we long to stitch!  I know I'll be looking for this pattern!  If you'd like to hop around with us...you can find Jo's blog by clicking HERE.  If this is your picture, well done faithful stitcher!  I especially love the color of your fabric!  I'm in awe of your talent!  


As always, Jo, Thank you for hosting this fun event every year.  I always enjoy visiting the other blogs and seeing what folks are stitching.  Here's wishing you and yours, a day full of love and laughter.  We all have someone we love, could be Mom, Dad, sibling...or someone else.  It's been a tough year for most of us, it's a great day to share a little loving thought, deed or even just a smile at a stranger.  Above all, be kind to yourself and maybe get a little stitching in!  Happy Stitching!

16 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely design, beautiful colours ....it's not me, Happy Valentine's Day 💕

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Oh dear, I'm your first comment so I will reveal that I stitched this DJ. Thank you for your kind words on my stitching. This was stitched on a 32ct pale lavender fabric which isn't obvious from the photo. The scrap of fabric is all that I have left from what I used for the backing. I'll have to see if my local fabric shop still has this Liberty fabric.
Happy Valentine's Day.

Elfie said...

Wow! That little pillow is stunning! I'd love to claim it as mine, but I can't take the credit for it.

jocondine said...

Great post, nice visit with the blog hop to discover this stuning stitching Mary did. Joyeuse Saint Valentin ! Amicalement. xxx

RONI said...

Lovely stitch.. And I see Mary has already revealed herself as your sweetheart. Happy valentines day

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

That is indeed very pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think I have this pattern, but haven't stitched it yet! So cute. Happy Valentine's!

Astrids dragon said...

What a lovely stitched piece, Mary. The fabric goes with it beautifully.
Happy heart day, I hope you can get some stitching in!

Sandy said...

very pretty Mary, and the fabric piece is beautiful

Sandy

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop this year.
The good news is that this is a freebie design! The link is on my blog in the list of freebies or just search on the Drawn Thread website.

diamondc said...

Lovely Valentine design, not mine.
Happy Valentines day

Catherine

Gwen said...

Lovely pillow.

Christine said...

That is so pretty

Beth in IL said...

So very pretty! And I loved the Emily Bishop piece that was on my blog! Beautiful stitching!

Mary's Thread said...

Oh I love it! And I stitched this design once, but this one is not mine! Hope your Valentine's Day was Happy!

Katie said...

Finally have time to hop along. I love this one and have it printed out to stitch some day. Thanks for sharing. Great work Mary.