Well, I thought I'd post this because I'm so happy I finally put the last stitch in this piece. Don't get me wrong, I adore this pattern! I just want to let you know it's a challenge to stitch! The first time I stitched it, I stitched it over one on 40 count. To be honest, I still haven't fully finished the first one. Oh the stitching is done, I just haven't made it into an ornament yet. I'm a little intimidated because I didn't want to mess it up...so much work, effort and maybe a bad word or two went into that one...lol. I know, crazy right? Well my best friend from grade school and high school saw a picture of it and said she would like one. Ugh...I debated whether to stitch this one again, but because she's like a sister to me, and because I love her dearly, I decided to put my big girl pants on and stitch it for her. I put it off as long as possible though because I dreaded even getting started...haha. This pattern has *drum roll* 55 colors. Yes, I said 55!! It is complete coverage in that small area and I stitched it over one on 25 count tea dyed fabric!! But you know what, Marie King Driskill, the designer for Blackberry Lane Designs has a wonderful eye for color and knows exactly how to blend them and make things look 3D. I have many of her patterns and have stitched most of them. They are a challenge but so worth the effort!! 55 colors though....Good Heavens!! This is called The Three Wise Men and I just love the perspective of seeking for the baby born to be King through the eyes of the Wise Men who were following the promised star.
And you know what? I'm saving all those 55 colors because I think I'll stitch it on linen over two! Wouldn't it be pretty sitting on my mantle next Christmas...or the one after that...I may need a few years to get up the courage to stitch it again...haha. Besides, I have some pieces kitted and ready to go! Happy Stitching!!


No comments:
Post a Comment