Thursday, August 13, 2026

Are you tired of Christmas Ornaments yet?

 Hold on to your socks!  LOL  I tried my best to get ALL of my Christmas ornaments stitched and finished in July.  Life kept getting in the way.  Today I fully finished all the ornaments I stitched (except two) then stopped to take stock of what I had.  I decided I still need to stitch 4.  I think I'll take a break from ornaments though, and start something I've been hoping to stitch for a while now.  I'll be honest and say, I really never thought I'd get tired of stitching Christmas ornaments ... lol!!  So I'll start where I left off last post...  

First up is Christmas Cardinal a motif from the Christmas Cardinal Sampler by Victoria Sampler.  It's stitched on 28 count Amsterdam Blue one over one.  This is for a friend who loves cardinals.  



Next is Joyful Mice by Stoney Creek from their Autumn 2017 magazine.  Stitched on 32 count Opalescent White two over two.  



A Vintage Rocker by Hands on Design.  This may look familiar.  I have stitched this one twice.  It's stitched on 32 count natural two over two.  This is for a little girl who loves horses.  



Busy Elves Making Gingerbread Houses by Living on a Rainbow stitched on 32 count mystery fabric two over two.  This is for a lady who always makes us fudge for Christmas.  



Busy Elves Making Toys by Living on a Rainbow stitched on 32 count mystery fabric two over two.  This is for the fudge lady's husband...haha.  



Lil Christmas Angel from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue.  Stitched on 14 count clear perforated plastic two over one.  This is for my youngest granddaughter.  



My Sweet Angel from the 2025 JCS Ornament Issue stitched on 14 count white vinyl two over one.  This is for my oldest granddaughter who got ahold of my magazine and begged for this one...haha.  



Cocoa Snowman by Joan Elliott from Design Works Crafts kit stitched on 32 count white opalescent two over two.  



Hot Cocoa Snowman by Joan Elliott from Design Works Crafts kit stitched on 32 count White Opalescent two over two.  



I've been following Hands on Design for her Christmas ornaments on Patreon.  I finished the first Gingerbread House she had published.  I thought I'd show it here even if it isn't fully finished.  This is Single Family Sawtooth and is stitched on 32 count Chestnut two over two.  



For Christmas I sent a pattern to my pal in England along with the fabric and floss.  We decided we would do a SAL together on Mondays starting in August.  We both forgot, but she remembered and reminded me.  I don't have a picture just yet, but I'm doing a motif a week (got caught up over the weekend) and got caught up.  Next post I'll show a picture. 

So, my friends, that's all I have for this post.  I still have a couple of ornaments to stitch, once I decide what I'm stitching.  Hopefully I'll get them all finished this month.  The Maryland State Fair is coming up soon and I'm getting my items gathered together.  I'm thinking there will be some amazing pieces for the 250th anniversary.  Hopefully I'll get to take pictures while I'm there.  I hope everyone is staying safe from the heat and storms.  Happy Stitching!

No comments: