I'm back, did you miss me? Haha The past few weeks have been a whirlwind lately.
I had to look back to see if I had mentioned our anniversary. We celebrated our 42nd Anniversary two weeks ago but didn't take our annual trip until last week. We usually end up going to Lancaster area and take in a few shows. So we saw Pretty Woman at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater which was so much fun! They really do put on a nice show, though to be honest, the dinner rarely changes much. Still it makes for a nice evening.
The next night we went to see Joshua at the Sight and Sound Theater. What a lovely performance. We sat next to some friendly people and truly enjoyed the show. We learned a few things too, which is always good. The people of Isreal were hard headed people...and I guess I'm just like them in a way. Hopefully I won't have to wander in the desert for 40 years to learn my lesson though.
Stitching has slowed to a crawl with all our traveling. I started a SAL with my British pal before I left. We are stitching Simple Gifts by Jeannette Douglas on 32 count Dirty Teacup and it's been quite a fun stitch so far. We work on it on Monday's and try to finish one motif and the border on top and bottom the length of the motif each week. Here is where I left off on Monday.
I've also been working on a challenging piece for my pal in NY. She is like a sister to me otherwise I wouldn't be stitching this for anyone else!! I stitched this once on 40 count and still haven't fully finished it into an ornament. Hopefully I'll be doing that soon! I'm stitching this one on 25 count hand dyed tea fabric over one. I'm down to the last 4 colors, but I will say...those wise guys and the little tiny Bethlehem are CRAZY to stitch over one. LOL She's lucky I love her like a sister, I tell you what!! As I'm stitching I'm contemplating how to fully finish this piece. She would like a stand up...but accomplishing that may take more brain cells than what reside in my head. Luckily I'm giving myself a month or so to work my magic. LOL But first...I have to finish. Here is where I am with The Three Wise Men by Blackberry Lane Designs. Oh how I love this pattern!!
Ok, I guess that's all the news that's fit to print. Other than travelling and not getting a lot of stitching done...there isn't much going on. Oh...well I did drop off a few things at the Maryland State Fair. I'll be honest and say, after seeing some of the amazing things I saw being dropped off, I really don't have much hope of winning anything this year. Still it'll be fun to go and see what other folks have entered. Take care and Happy Stitching!





No comments:
Post a Comment