Well, my thoughts have been blowing in the wind lately. I have so many things kitted up that I truly want to stitch that I'm having troubles deciding. If you have followed me for any time at all you know that I truly have troubles making up my mind....and often change it at the drop of a hat. My list of WIPs keeps growing to an astronomical amount, and so does my kitted projects. Anyway...my most recent kitted project won the toss of the coin this week. I finished kitting Pansy Sampler by Samplers Not Forgotten. If you remember I finished the Hummingbird Sampler last year (and entered it in the fair this year) and this is a companion piece to that. I started it the same day I finished the Three Wise Men two days ago! It's stitched on 36 count Heirloom linen one silk floss strand over two linen threads. I have most of the called for silk floss (I substituted a few that I had in my stash) and couldn't wait to get started. I LOVE how it's turning out so far even though I haven't put too many stitches in. It's jam packed with specialty stitches, just the challenge I needed right now. It's on a pretty big frame right now and is bothering my wrist so I'm not sure how long I'll be stitching on it, or if I can find a way of propping up the frame I'll keep going. I hope to take it with me to a retreat in November. We will see how that goes. In the meanwhile, you can see what I've been up to so far.
I was contemplating a Jeannette Douglas sampler I have kitted as well...maybe I'll throw that in a hoop soon and alternate the two. Ugh, I need to set my priorities...haha.
It's been an exhausting week emotionally for me. There are few entertainers I truly respect and Dolly Parton was one of them. I had a sinking feeling she was very sick when we didn't see her much after the passing of her husband, so wasn't terribly shocked at her passing, but it's still heartbreaking. I'll miss her positive nature, her humility, her sense of humor but more importantly her love for her fellow man. There are so few entertainers who live their faith like she did.
Add to that the devastation in Tibet and Nepal. The videos of the horrible devastating force of nature that occurred there just breaks my heart. Watching the first video I saw almost threw me into a panic. I have had reoccurring nightmares in my life, one is a tornado, the other is a flash flood. I can only imagine the terror those people felt as they fled for their lives. One charity that we regularly donate to is Samaritan's Purse, and I've seen where they are already on the ground there lending a hand. I've known others who have gone to render aid after disasters like this, and it leaves a toll on them emotionally and mentally. Please keep those who are there to give aid in prayer. Ok, sorry for the downer there at the end. It's just been weighing on my mind and thought I'd share my thoughts.
It will soon be September. I can't believe how fast this year has passed. I've given some thought (early this year...that's a first haha) about my giveaway for October. I'll be searching for some things as a giveaway and will announce more toward the end of September. Any thoughts on what you would like to see? I know not everyone stitches for Breast Cancer Month so I'm trying to think of other things that would entice you to get your breast exams done. If you have any thoughts, just make a comment. Each comment you make in the month of October will get you a ticket to the "raffle" BUT each suggestion you give before the month of October will also give you a ticket. So put those thinking caps on and help me gather ideas for some goodies to give away.
On that note I'll bid you a fond farewell, until the next post. Happy Stitching everybody!



No comments:
Post a Comment