Friday, June 7, 2024

Stitching from stash

I know I fell off the stitching from stash bandwagon last month.  I hadn't bought many new things in a while until I visited The Hodge Podge in Pennsylvania in March...lol...and then things started falling in my cart while searching for some black fabric.  I think I've cured myself from stash enhancement for a while (or at least until my next trip to The Salty Yarns, which may be in the near future).  The past few things I've stitched have been kitted in my stash for quite some time, and they were things I've really wanted to stitch since I acquired them.  Anyway, Frosty Weather, Long May She Wave and Land of Liberty were all sitting around here for years waiting to be stitched.  

I was able to finish Land of Liberty in 3 days (I have entirely too much time on my hands these days!!).  Now to figure out how I want to fully finish it.  Here it is, stitched on 40 count Legacy over two with the recommended specialty floss.  I am hoping to fully finish it and make a new display on my mantle for the summer of patriotic designs.


I pulled out another kit my kids gave me a few years back and I've been thinking about starting this kit for months now.  I downloaded the pattern into pattern keeper, sorted the floss and prepared the fabric last night and got started.  This kit has Aida cloth, and I'm struggling to use it.  I think I'm going to substitute some fabric and restart it today...right after I go shopping for some finishing material.  DH was home from work today while we had a garbage disposal replaced (our old one was leaking and we've not been able to use half our sink for over a month).  They were here and gone before 9 AM!!  Highly unusual with workmen around here these days!  So as soon as I finish this post, I'll be out the door and on my way to hunt down some fabric!  

I think we will be working in the garden early tomorrow morning as it's beginning to get very hot here lately.  Hopefully once those chores are done I'll be back working on my Colonial Couple.  I can't wait to see what my mantle will look like in a few weeks!  Hopefully I'll see you soon with pictures!  Until then, Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I've had that happen to me too, items jumping into the cart! That happens at Hobby Lobby and/or Joanne's, lol. Land of Liberty looks great! Happy stitching😊

Robin in Virginia said...

Pretty finish, DJ! What kit did you pull out? Glad the garbage disposal has been replaced. Stay cool!

Katie said...

Nothing is more fun than new stash haha. Love your finish. So beautiful. Can't wait to see your mantel.