Saturday, June 15, 2024

June Gifted Gorgeousness



Hi Fellow Stitchers and welcome to my Gifted Gorgeousness post!  For those who haven't seen these posts before, we post once a month showing items with the word gift associated with them.    They can be patterns, fabric, floss, gifted to us or things we are gifting others.  Jo from Serendipitous Stitching (click here) is our lovely host and you can go to her blog to see what others are posting for this challenge, and see her gorgeous stitching too!  

You've seen in previous posts some of the Just Cross Stitch magazine patterns I've stitched...I consider them part of GG because my husband has gifted a subscription for many years (and bought the discs of the ones I didn't have).   


First up is Decorating Owl by Jesse Schofield from the 2023 JCS ornament issue stitched on 28 count black over one.  



Next is Poinsettia Fairy by Kathleen Berlew from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue stitched on 28 count white over one.  



Next is Christmas Ornament 98 by Crossed Wing Collection from the 1998 JCS Ornament issue stitched on 40  count Legacy over two.  I've only just started this one as a gift for someone so you may not see more of it until I send it off.  



This next one is from a Stoney Creek Magazine Summer 2017 called Cat in Santa Hat stitched on 28 count white over two.  This is an exchange gift.  



This one is called Cat in Stocking by Les Broduses Parisienne from Le Grand Historie de Noel No 1.  stitched on 32 count Fleur and is also an exchange gift.   With this exchange we were only to stitch the ornaments and send them off unfinished.  I hope she liked them!



Several years ago the kids took a trip to Gettysburg.  They  brought home this kit from the Posy Collection and it's called Colonial Couple.  I finished both the lady and the gentleman, and hope to have them finished as stand ups.  I did change the fabric to 36 count Vintage Country Mocha as I don't like to stitch on Aida.  




This last one was a freebie by Jeannette Douglas in 2022.  It's stitched on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha over two.  This is Patriotic Mini-bouquet.  



I was hoping to get some of these fully finished before this posting, but time and energy just ran out.  Hopefully I'll have another post soon with some of the finishes.  We'll see.  The next few weeks are going to be super busy, as my son's birthday is coming up, a national holiday (Juneteenth) and Father's Day...the guys have a lot of things planned, one being a tour of the Guinness brewery here in Baltimore.  Should be fun!  And on that note, I'll bid you all adieu until we meet again.  Happy Stitching!  

4 comments:

jocondine said...

So much done, bravo! I love the patterns from Les Brodeuses Parisiennes, this one is very cute! xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of finishes (and start), DJ! I love the Colonial Couple you stitched up. Love the colors in the Patriotic Mini Basket. Have a wonderful weekend!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely selection of stitching, I do like your Colonial Couple

Katie said...

All of them are very beautiful indeed.