Monday, February 19, 2024

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend-February Follow-up


Hi Stitching Friends!  Welcome to this month's installment of IHSW!  I've been following this challenge for a few years and this year I decided I would give it a go and see how well I do.  This month I decided to concentrate on Anne Thomas 1854 by Hands Across the Sea Samplers.  I'm stitching this on 40 count Vintage Pecan Butter over two.  My goal has been to complete 5 (out of 20) pages a month.  Because of this weekend, I was able to finish page 8 and begin working on page 9.  Once my goal has been met for this month, I'll fill in the remaining days with a different project.  I'm so excited to share I was able to finish the middle bird (I actually had to tape three pages together so I wouldn't lose my place while I stitched the entire bird...so even part of page 13 was completed too!)  In total, I stitched 2066 stitches this weekend.  Pretty good considering Miss A was here for an overnighter while her parents had a much needed date night.  Everybody was happy!  Including Miss A who was sooooo excited to see her parents on Sunday even though she had a blast while she was here (and so did Gigi and Pappy!).  Here are before and after pictures.  






And now I'm on my way to patch up Hop (Miss A's bunny rabbit who developed a hole in his back...thankfully no stuffing has been lost ... yet).  Should I count those stitches in my stitch count for today?  LOL!!  Today I'll be resting up (my back took a little twist lifting her over the weekend...OUCH!) and performing a wee bit of Yoga to loosen up the muscles while trying to get the Bluey theme song out of my head...lol.  It's a holiday here in the US today for President's Day.  I see a day of binging movies with DH and some marathon stitching!  I hope you all have a relaxing and stitchy day!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on your piece. Hope your back is all better quickly.

Mary said...

I am on a few groups with you on Facebook so I have enjoyed watching your progress. It is gorgeous, especially that middle bird. Hope your back gets better.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm like you, been reading others' posts for years but not joined in until now. You gad a great stitchy weekend, lovely progress

Robin in Virginia said...

What awesome progress you made on Anne Thomas, DJ! Way to go! I am glad that you had a wonderful weekend with Miss A. And yes, count those mending stitches to Hop.

Sandy said...

You made great headway and I'm still impressed you're able to count your stitches. Sounds like you had a good time with Miss A.........visits are always a plus.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a gorgeous sampler and you managed so much of the big pigeon, he looks amazing.