Thursday, February 15, 2024

February Gifted Gorgeousness


Good Morning!  It's been a madhouse here lately, so many things happening at once, I can hardly keep track!  LOL  Thankfully I still remember important dates like, Gifted Gorgeousness and the blog hop yesterday!  Whew...where to begin.  Ok, if you haven't visited Serendipitous Stitching (click here) lately, then you wouldn't know about Gifted Gorgeousness.   Jo keeps us hopping with her blog hops and other challenges.  This challenge lets us showcase gifts, those given to us, and those we have given away.  In a way it's a fun thank you for stitching gifts we have been given.  I don't have much to show, I've been mostly concentrating on Anne Thomas (I'll show that at the bottom as it's not really a GG project) but I have thrown in a few "gifts".  

I  usually show anything I stitch from the JCS ornament issues as the magazine subscription is a gift from my husband each year.  I've shown two previously (Letters to Santa and Believe) in earlier posts so I won't show them again until I get them fully finished (my finishing pile is growing by leaps and bounds).  

I did stitch two Santas from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue for a tree Clare is preparing for charity.  If you would like to participate, please visit Clare's blog Aimetu's Stitching (click here) for any details.  I stitched only the Santas on perforated paper.  First is Mr (from the chart Mr&Mrs by Dirty Annie's).  I thought he was quite dapper!  



The second is Holidazzle Santa, again, only the Santa.  I hope he's not too tall...you can't see from the picture but there are a couple of different metallic threads in him and he really does sparkle!  



Next is Floral Magenta by The Heart's Content.   This was a kit given to me by a friend a while ago.  I have been trying to get this started for ages.  It's one I work on when my hand gets tired from Anne Thomas...lol.  I haven't put too many stitches in lately...I need to remedy that!  Anyway, here it is...I love it so much!



Next is a Fuzzy Moon kit from a magazine.  This one is called With Love X and I stitched this as a Valentine's card for my husband.  We agreed not to buy cards anymore and since this was a free kit from a magazine, he couldn't complain!  LOL!!  Once it has been displayed for a while I hope to find a little frame, we will see how it goes.  



I did receive a gift from my husband for Valentine's day.  He gave me these two Wonderland Crafts bead embroidery kits.  Aren't they lovely?  I can't wait to get started!  I'll have to wait for life to slow down a bit though...hahaha.  



That's all I have to show for Gifted Gorgeousness, but I still wanted to share a couple of things I have been working on.  First is the BAP (Big Awesome Project) I'm working on.  I have finally finished page 7 and am working on page 8.   This is Anne Thomas 1854 by Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  It's been quite the project!  There are 20 pages to this pattern...and I haven't quite reached the middle yet, but it gets closer by the day.  Hoping to put at least an hour in a day, I've done pretty well except for the few days I was away last week.  Fingers crossed I'll reach the midway part by the end of this month.  



Last is this swee piece I had hoped to fully finish for Valentine's day.  It is stitched but not quite completed.  It was a kit by Samplers Not Forgotten called Flower Heart.  Hopefully I'll get it fully finished soon, I have way too many sitting on the sidelines.  If only there were a few more hours in the day!  



Ok, that's all there is to show so off I go!  I hope all is well in your corner of the world!  Happy Stitching!   

5 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful stitching

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh my those Santas look great, thank you. Lovely work on Heart's Content and Ann Thomas 1854. You stitched such a cute card for your hubby, isn't he lovely buying such great gifts.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of pieces you featured this month, DJ! Flower Heart is a beauty and the Santas are so adorable. Anne Thomas is looking incredible. Enjoy your weekend!

Katie said...

Everything looks great. I love love love those kits from hubby. Just beautiful!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in February. Those Santa’s are going to look lovely on Clare’s tree this year.