Monday, January 15, 2024

January Gifted Gorgeousness


Oh my goodness, I can't believe half of January is already gone!  I've had my head down trying to get some things stitched, and suddenly I realized it's the 15th!  If you aren't familiar with Gifted Gorgeousness, please go to Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching, (click here) and sign up!  Then go to her home page and see what everyone else is stitching for this challenge.

I don't have much for the January GG.  It's been a weird start to the year!  First up is Beatrix Potter.  My husband gifted this to me last year, along with the fabric and floss.  I loved stitching this one!  The pattern is from Stitchy Box and was stitched on 28 count Vellum over one.  I changed the initials and date to commemorate our 40th wedding anniversary that will happen in August of this year!  



I also finished The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by The Heart's Content.  This was a kit that was gifted to me from a friend several years ago.  It's stitched on 32 count fabric over one.  I love it (now that it's finished) and hope to fully finish it soon!  



This last one is not a GG piece, but I thought I would show you my progress.  This is Anne Thomas 1854 by Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  I have had this in my stash for a long time, so thought I would start it on New Year's Day.  It's stitched on 40 count Vintage Butter Pecan over two.  I'm a little afraid the fabric is too dark, but I'm going with it...I hope I still love it when I'm done.  The lettering took 3 days of solid stitching..and it's stitched over one....ugh!!  I plan on showing updates as I go along.  As of today I have finished stitching 2 full pages of the 20 pages in the pattern.  It's going to take a long time but I'm really hoping I can finish it in time to enter in the fair.  (I seriously have my doubts I can do it).  We will see how it goes.  



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to their New Year!  Happy Stitching!    

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your finishes are beautiful, DJ. You have made awesome progress on the Hands Across the Sea sampler. Did you get snow? Stay warm!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beatrix Potter is a lovely memento for your anniversary. The modt wonderful time of the year is a very effect design. The fabric for Anne looks great to me, good luck with this project

jocondine said...

Three wonderful stitchings, I love Beatrix Potter, what a nice way to celebrate! Stitching writing must require a great deal of attention but the result is lovely. xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful work on all 3 pieces. I zoomed in on the last one. Wow. Just gorgeous. So detailed. I've done over one on 40ct silk gauze so I think it's comparable. Just gorgeous. Keep sharing all you want because I will cheer you along.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all beautiful projects DJ. I love the colours in Anne Thomas 1854

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Beatrix Potter is a wonderful sampler in a beautiful colour.
Anne Thomas is going to be a lovely design to follow this year. I am sure the verse looks incredible over one!