Friday, January 5, 2024

First Finish of the New Year!

I'm so excited to share with you my first finish of the New Year!  This is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by The Heart's Content.  This was stitched on 32 count unbleached Glenshee linen over 1.  I've had this in my stash for quite a while it was time I had it stitched.  I enjoyed most of it, until I started with the wreath.  It was so full of confetti stitches and I'll be honest, I didn't try to outline the blue bits in the wreath.  Even the backstitching that I finished today was a bit tedious.  I am happy with the outcome though...and I'll be thinking of how I want to fully finish this off!  



I found the kit a little frustrating.  Each bit of floss was folded and bound with a little tag on a piece of thread.  I finally put them on this organizer (which was a Christmas gift from a former co-worker...thanks Christina!)  Isn't this organizer lovely?  And she gave me TWO!!  It sure made working with this pattern much easier.  



I have actually been stitching a bit on both the Heart's Content piece and Anne Thomas 1854 by Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  This one is being stitched on 40 count Vintage Butter Pecan over two.  I truly love working on this sampler.  I'm glad I can spend all my stitching time on this now, it's a joy to work on.  



Tomorrow I'll be taking down the Christmas decorations.  It's always a little sad when the pretty lights and sparkly decorations are put away.  I'm already looking forward to decorating next year!  LOL!!  



Thanks for dropping in again.  Hopefully it will be a while before I post again.  Happy Stitching! 

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Pretty finish! The wreath looks great. I'm putting away my Christmas ornaments and putting up winter themed ones. It'll still feel festive!

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on the finish! It's so peaceful looking.

Mayte said...

Buenos días y feliz año nuevo.
Te ha quedado precioso, muy bonito.
Aquí en España empezamos hoy a recoger las decoraciones, cuando los niños se levantan, van al árbol para ver que les ha dejado los Reyes Magos de Oriente.
Cuando yo era pequeña solo me traían regalos el 6 de Enero, y el 7 ya empezábamos el colegio, menos mal que cogimos la tradición de Francia de EE. UU. y demás países de Europa y mis hijos ya empezaron a recibir el 25 de Diciembre.
Aqui lo llamamos Papa Noel

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful ornament finish, DJ! You have made awesome progress on the sampler as well. I will be taking down the rest of the Christmas decor today, vacuuming/dusting and begin to put out the winter stuff. Have a delightful weekend!

Sandy said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year. That's always exciting. The organizer looks awesome and I', sure made everything easier.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

Wohoo lovely first finish. Sorry it gave you so many problems. It sure looks worth it though. Just beautiful. Lovely work on your other WIP. I feel the same way about our tree. I might get a few strands of white lights for winter time. I just love the soft lights.

Sandy said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds. Hope all is well with you. Stay warm, temps are crazy cold according to the news.
Sandy's Space