Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Fun new stitch items

I have a few things I wanted to share that I received for Christmas.  DH usually gifts me a pattern and this year didn't disappoint.  I had been collecting these "freebies" from Stoney Creek so he ordered this chart and fabric and these patterns came along for the ride!  Now that I have all the letters for Noel, I hope to start it soon!  I'm looking forward to stitching these fun snowmen too!  


DH found this vintage book online and after leafing through it, I think it will come in real handy!  It has lovely pictures of different stitches along with clear written directions.  I look forward to using it often!  


DH also found this sweet sewing caddy at a craft fair in November.  As you can see I've already stashed a few items in it....to include these new needles.  



I've been stitching with these needles and it's like cutting butter with a hot knife!  They are steel black hypo-allergenic needles and while every other needle I've stitched with tarnish within a few days, these have remained smooth and tarnish free!  I love the way they feel and they glide through the fabric easily.  
The white eye makes it so easy to thread (plus when he ordered them from the Silver Needle, they included an ultra fine needle threader for these size 28 needles!)  I think I've finally found my favorite needles!  


Last but not least is this amazing stitch journal.  I'm looking forward to filling it with all the stitching I'm planning this year.  I've begun counting stitches and recording them in the journal daily.  I love being so organized!  

And that's all there is to show today.  I hope you found some stitch goodies under your tree this year too!  And hopefully that's all I have to show for a while.  Until next time, I'll be in my stitching spot, working on .... something ... to be determined!  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: Your husband is like mine, he keeps on the look out for things he knows I will like, lots of great new stash from Christmas, I am looking forward to seeing Noel stitched.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your DH is a star what lovely gifts. Happy stitching in 2024

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of goodies you received, DJ! I like the Pony needles as well, but I prefer the 24 or 26 as I find the 28s are too small. I am not a fan of petite needles. Two things to be aware of with them -- while they don't tarnish, the finish/coating does get worn off and if there is a burr where the white meets the black, a little sanding with an emery board takes care of it. I would love to see what your journal looks like on the inside.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous gifts, your husband really does know you well.
Love the sewing box you received too.

Katie said...

Fantastic gifts. Lovely journal. I use Bohin needles because I'm allergic to metal. They work really well too. Glad you found some that you love. Nothing worse than ruining a needle quickly. I always felt like I was wasting them.