Tuesday, January 23, 2024

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend

Well...it was kind of a crazy weekend, but I did manage to get a little stitching in!  It was partly because it was my husband's birthday, and partly because there was a Raven's game and mostly because both days the kids were here for part of both days!  AND Friday was a snow day so my husband was around for the whole time!  So I decided (because Anne Thomas is such a big pattern, and my hand gets tired holding the frame for a long period of time) I would throw in a couple of smaller projects now and then to rest my hand.  Here are before and after pictures of my progress.  

First up is Anne Thomas 1854.  I dearly love this pattern.  Working on it is a challenge because it is so big, but also because of the number of color changes.  I'm beginning to think I need a floor stand for this beauty but it will require a different place to stitch.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on!  Anyway, here are before and after pictures (where I finished last night)  




I started Letters To Santa Friday, and finished it on Saturday, he was a fun little stitch.  He is by Jennifer Redmond and is from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue.  He is stitched on 32 count Vintage Blue Whisper over two.  



Last is a start on Believe by Rosewood Manor.  This is also from the 2023 JCS Ornament Issue.  I'm stitching this on 40 count antique white over two.  I like to keep them small and this will be sweet when it's finished!  



Since the beginning of this year (and because of the notebook my DIL gave me) I've been keeping track of the number of stitches I'm doing.  Since the beginning of the year I've put in 14,850 stitches.  this weekend (Friday through Monday) I put in 2,479 stitches.  I think I'll start posting Saturday progress reports on the number of stitches.  That is if my brain remembers.   Seems lately my brain keep wandering off.  LOL  Now I just need to schedule in some time for finishing!  Fingers crossed...will happen soon!  Off to get some REAL stitching time in!  Happy Stitching!  

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great projects and good stitching. We haven't had snow for years, in fact since we retired we've had no snow days 😂

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Santa ornament finish is adorable, DJ. Lovely start on the Rosewood Manor ornament! Anne Thomas is looking fabulous. Well done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous Santa ornament. We actually had snow last Thursday but not very much and everywhere was still open.
Nice progress on Anne too.

Sandy said...

Nice stitching, LOVE 1854. Such colors.....yummy. Keeping track of your stitches sounds kinda fun, but maybe also tedious....remembering to count.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on your pieces. Letters to Santa is adorable. I have found I really enjoy keeping track of stitches. A lot better for me than keeping time. If you like excel Teresa Little Stitcher has a free excel sheet for keeping track of stitch counts. I love it!!

Shelly said...

Wonderful stitching. Anne Thomas will be gorgeous once it's finished!

diamondc said...

DJ: Nice progress on Ann Thomas, I have a floor stand for large projects, I also lay the frame on the table and use a weight on the top of the frame to keep it flat o the table then I am able to stitch from the top and underneath the fabric.
Santa is adorable, looking forward to seeing the other design finished.
So glad you were able to spend time with family.

Catherine