Sunday, October 15, 2023

October Gifted Gorgeousness



It's been a busy month...but then October usually is.  My birthday is in 3 days, and my family like to spoil me...lol.  So...my thoughts might be a little scattered.  So...let's see where I'm at...  The 15th is the day of the month we post about our Gifted Gorgeousness.  This is anything with the word gift associated with it.  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching is our lovely host and she has rules posted on her blog.  We stitch each month, then showcase things associated with gift and link up on her blog.  (click here)  

I've been working on fully finishing tons of ornaments.  I posted as I went along, but I'll show a group of the ones I've finished stitching AND fully finished since the last GG post.  If you want to know information on these you can find the individual pictures on my 2023 Goals page.  All of these are gifts for others. 





I've been working on Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope SAL by Climbing Goat designs.  I was a little bit behind when the last part was published on the 10th.  I'm halfway through the 7th part and have the 8th part to stitch to catch up.  I have loved stitching this, even though it is chock full of confetti stitching.  LOL  That really slows my stitching down...wish me luck for the rest of the boxes!  This was a gift from my husband for my birthday last year.



I worked a bit on Beatrix Potter, I hope to get back working on her as soon as I'm caught up on Wonders.  This was a gift from my husband for Christmas last year.



I've been working a tiny bit on Peppermint Purple SAL 2023.  It's been a few weeks since I put another stitch in...I do love this, just lost patience with the border.  Because this is a free SAL I consider it a gift from the designer.



I guess that's all I have to show for this post.  I've been praying for all the violence in the world right now.  My heart is breaking for those innocents who have been caught in the middle.  I hope you all are safe and healthy!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your featured WIPs look awesome, DJ. The Hubble piece is really striking as is the blackwork. But the Quaker is the one that sits at the top of my favorite list. Well done on getting more ornaments fully finished. Wishing you a very happy early birthday!

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: It is sad what is happening, hamas and hezboula are terrorists who need to be stopped, the innocent people in Israel and the Gaza strip are being massacred.
Love all your ornament finishings, the Hubble design is amazing.
You choose such fun and lovely designs to stitch.

Catherine

jocondine said...

Your Christmas ornaments are so cute, lovely finish too. The Hubble stitching is amazing, mustnot be so easy with those dark colors. Well done! xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.