Monday, October 9, 2023

Even More Fully Finished!

I hope you don't get tired of seeing all these ornaments...Since starting a few challenges a couple of years ago, I have been piling up Christmas ornaments (and other projects) at an alarming rate!  I have quite a few boxes full of finished things, I really need to get busy finishing them up and giving them away.  Anyway...I missed going to the Orioles game last Saturday (the first day of the playoffs) because I wasn't feeling too well...so I sat all weekend and finished off a few more ornaments.  Here are the fruits of my labor...lol...if you want to know the information I have (that I can remember) please go to the 2023 Goals page and look under the fully finished category.  You will find the most recent finishes at the bottom with all the information that I could scrounge up or remember.















I had been at Hobby Lobby last week looking for trim and other means of finishing things...and I turned down an aisle as a man was rearranging shelves.  Off to one side I found three different sized cutting boards.  As I was looking at them, I saw that only one (the largest) had a price tag so I asked the guy how much they were.  He gave me prices and then said they were on sale, 90% off.  I nearly dropped my stuff!  LOL!!  He told me I would be doing him a favor if I bought them all...so I did.  All three totaled $3.00!  When I got home and was sorting through the ornaments I would be finishing next, I stumbled across a few stockings AND this one that said "The Stockings Were Hung".....and a lightbulb went off!  I still need to attach the stitching, and I'm going to add a few charms to either side and maybe a bow...and some cup hooks to the underside of the board to hang the stockings from....but I'm so excited about how I'm going to finish this!!  Isn't it funny how things just happen to work together?  


So I guess that's all I have to share.  I'll be super busy the next couple of weeks, but I'll be back on the 15th with my Gifted Gorgeousness post.  Until then, Happy Stitching!



 

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Score on the cutting boards, DJ! Your ornaments are beautifully finished. Well done! Each one is a beauty, but I think my favorite is the Joy to the World stocking. I have stitched the sheep ornaments in the past. The one by Homespun Elegance, "Merry Christmas to Ewe" was one that I stitched in multiples two different years. Happy Monday!

Katie said...

How could anyone get tired of beautiful finishes?! I just love each one. I need to get to finishing stuff again.

Oh wow haha. That kind of stuff happens to me a lot. I always say it was meant to be. What a price too!!! Perfect way to display these!!

diamondc said...

DJ: I never tire seeing your ornaments fully finished, the cutting board is a gem, you are so lucky to have been there at Hobby Lobby at the right time.

Catherine