Tuesday, October 24, 2023

International Hermit and Stitch Weekend October


I know I'm a little late posting, it's been a crazy weekend.  While I didn't get to hermit....I did get some stitching done.  My family and I were at the beach over the weekend celebrating my birthday!  We were pretty busy so I really didn't get to take too many pictures.  I was only able to work on one project (though I did have a few with me).  I was able to finish it off today, so I'll show the beginning and the finished piece.  This is called Secret Visitor, by Ellen Maurer-Stroh.  It was originally a free one she offered but has since removed it from the website.  




As I mentioned, we went to Ocean City for an extended weekend for my birthday.  Part of my gift was a shopping spree at the Salty Yarns in Berlin, Maryland.  Besides getting some needed fabric and floss, I found a few patterns.  I can't wait to get started!  We had a wonderful time shopping, wandering the beach, visiting Sun Fest, exploring new restaurants, and just enjoying one another's presence.  I love spending time with my son and his family...especially our entertaining granddaughter, who made friends and fans wherever we went.  She sure is a people magnet!  LOL!!  I love to capture sunrise and sunset pictures...our lodging faced both east and west!




With a lot of medical appointments on the horizon, I don't know how much stitching I get in the near future, but I'm looking forward to putting my sore knee up and getting some rest...it was a fun, but exhausting weekend.  Hopefully I'll have more stitching to show you soon!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Happy Birthday DJ: It sounds like you had a wonderful time, nice progress on stitching.
I hope all your appointments go well.
Love the photos of the sunset.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful sunrise/sunset pictures, DJ! It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the beach celebrating your birthday. Your bird finish is lovely. Hope all the medical appointments go smoothly for you.

Shelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was fun with a grand getting all the attention! That sunset is Wow!

Katie said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like a great weekend. What a beautiful piece. Hope all the doctor appointments give you the help you need.