Sunday, August 27, 2023

Memories!

 It's been an interesting life since our Daughter-in-Law joined the family.  She is such a good Momma to our Granddaughter and it's always a joy to spend time together.  I honestly believe she creates more Memories for our family than we did while our son was growing up!  We did do a lot of things, maybe our son was too little to remember a lot of them...still it's great making new memories with our newest members of the family!  That said, I've been stitching ornaments which I give to family at Thanksgiving.  

I just finished two new ones by The Victoria Sampler.  I love her designs, but especially her Christmas designs...I just love the look of them.  These were in a leaflet called Christmas Memories.  I stitched both of them on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha over two.  Now to figure out a way to finish them off!  (I'm not so good at the square ones...lol).  




Now as for memories, we made some new ones last night!  I wish I could share the videos, for some reason I can't get them to load into blogger...but here are a few shots from last night's Orioles game against the Colorado Rockies.  It was a sold out stadium, and we won!  The Orioles have been having a great season, it's been fun watching them!  Fingers crossed they make it to the playoffs.  Let's just say, Little Miss A loves watching the games, at home and at the stadium.  She had a great time last night, especially entertaining the folks sitting behind us.  For reference, check out the guy photobombing our group picture...what a hoot!  He was especially impressed that Miss A could give a good fist bump!  She even got excited about doing the wave!  (Unfortunately the only shots I have of the wave were videos) but you can see the look of concentration on her face as she watched the game, and even stayed awake through the whole game (we left the stadium 3 hours after her bedtime!!).  






I've come to a little lull in my stitching.  I guess I've lost my mojo.  Someone suggested I find something new to stitch that I'm really interested in...so I'm thinking about it.  In the meanwhile I think I'll stitch a few more ornaments because having a finish is fuel for my mojo....so I'll be back soon with some more ornaments.  Till then...Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks like you had a wonderful evening at the ballgame, DJ! Miss A looks very intent in that picture. Both of your ornament finishes are darling. Well done! Have a blessed Sunday!

diamondc said...

DJ: What a fun post, she is so adorable and the photo bomb guy what a hoot.
Your stitched design are adorable especially that truck.
When I get a lull in stitching I start to kit up a few designs and then I find myself stitching again.

Catherine

Katie said...

So great to make new memories. Lovely ornaments. How funny about the game. Glad she enjoyed it so much. Good luck finding a perfect piece to excite your needles again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those two ornaments are lovely. I was looking at some of their samplers today, so pretty and so difficult to choose just one!