Monday, June 27, 2022

Pardon Me While I Happy Dance!!

Well this has been a long time coming!  I traveled in Pittsford, NY last April to attend a few classes by Jean Farish.  She is a great teacher, I learned sooo much!  Kathy and David were the perfect hosts from Hobby House Needleworks too.  What a great experience, I can't wait for the next class!  In the meanwhile, I finally finished the Melbourne Sampler.  Jean's way of weaving in the fabric threads for the cutwork was game changing for me, I have never seen it done that way, and it makes the edges flawless!  It's the first time I did the waffle stitch, weaved in ribbon, and learned to turn a corner with the long arm cross stitch.  Her directions (and video tutorials) were fabulous and made me feel confident to work these incredible stitches.  One thing I've learned though, is to work on the stitches immediately after the class, don't wait months like I did...LOL!  I can't believe its finally finished...now to get it framed so I can enter it in the State Fair!  Wish me luck!  



Thanks again, Jean, Kathy and David for a wonderful experience with this class!  Looking forward to seeing you again!  Happy Stitching everyone!  

5 comments:

Claudette497 said...

It looks gorgeous! You should win for sure!

diamondc said...

Hi Dj: I am like you do the specialty stitch's right after getting home from class.
This is a beautiful design, I hope you win a big blue ribbon for first in class, grand champion.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful sampler finish, DJ!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this amazing sampler! Your cutwork does look immaculate, her teaching methods are clearly very good and you were a diligent pupil!

Good luck at the Fair, I am sure they will love this piece.

Sandy said...

Congrats on getting it done, it's gorgeous. Best of luck to you at the Fair.
Sandy's Space