Wednesday, June 15, 2022

June Gifted Gorgeousness

Wow!  In a couple of weeks this  year will be half over...can you believe it?  Seems time is passing by at an alarming rate!  It's good to be busy though...thankfully I've had lots of time for stitching this month...and I'm finally caught up!  So...I have lots to share for Gifted Gorgeousness this month.  If you don't know what that is, please visit Serendipitous Stitching where Jo, who hosts this fun challenge, explains it all on her sign up page.  You can sign up at any time, so come join the fun!  You can reach the sign up page by clicking here.  If you want to see what the rest of us are doing...click here.  Basically we can include anything with the word "gift" associated with it!   

 So...let's start with Christmas ornaments.  I consider these charts "gifts" because my husband has gifted me the subscription to Just Cross Stitch magazine for years (he's also gifted me the CDs so now I have the full collection of all the magazines!)  I usually gift most of the ornaments I finish too.  So here is what I've stitched since the last GG update.  

From the 2004 Ornament issue is In a Stable by Shepherd's Bush.  



Also by Shepherd's Bush but from the 2006 issue is Mary and Joseph.  Both stitched on 40 count lambswool over two.  



From the 2013 issue is Merry Christmas by Glory Bee also stitched on 40 count lambswool over two.  



From the 2004 issue is Perfect Gifts by Full Circle Designs stitched on 40 count Natural over two.  



Santa's Transportation Center by Pickle Barrel Designs from the 2021 issue was stitched on 40 count mystery fabric over two.  



I've been stitching these Monthly charts from Little House Needleworks.  I stitched all 12 months for my pen pal in England and these are the last two of the set.  I'm still working on mine...LOL  Hopefully one day I'll get mine finished too.  She has been making a flip chart with the months.  Genius right?  So here are November and December that have already arrived in England.  




I participated in a Gift of Stitching exchange this summer.  My partner in Canada has received her package so now I can show what I sent to her.  Included are three things I stitched for her...Winter is Past by Blackbird Designs attached to a wooden box.  



A Study in Blue by Sue Hillis Designs finished into a tart pan (stitched with Fire by Wildflowers silk by Caron because her favorite color is fuschia)



 and Winter Rose Manor Pincushion by Blackbird Designs finished in a candle holder.




Here is a picture of the entire package I sent her.    




Here is what my partner sent me....I LOVED every little bit in this package.  What a fun exchange!!



I've been stitching (and finally caught up) on Cottage Garden SAL by Weihenburg designs.  I love their designs!  I was gifted this pattern, but you can buy the SAL from her webpage if you are interested in stitching this.  The June portion was just distributed at the beginning of this month, but if you subscribe, she will send you all the parts that have been published so far.  I finally caught up!  I'm stitching this on 36 count over one...and that little house has really been a challenge to stitch!  I'm sure it would be easier if I were stitching over two...LOL!  Call me a glutton for punishment!  



I've also been working on this SAL with the Friendly Stitchers group.  This was a free SAL in 2020 by Linen & Threads called  Friends and Family Sampler and can still be found on their website.  I finished June's portion this month and hope to keep up from now on, fingers crossed.  



This was a kit gifted to me for my birthday last year by DH.  This is Rose Ada Featherstone by Hands Across the Sea stitched on 46 count fabric with silk floss.  This is like a dream to stitch, I have enjoyed every stitch.  I figured out how to portion out the pattern so I finish a set amount each month, and I'm caught up so if I can keep to my schedule I'll finish in December.  Wish me luck!  



Last month I stitched this little stocking for my pen pal in Texas.  It was from the May Blackbird Designs Stocking series.  



I haven't sent her this month's yet, but it is stitched and finished!  I'll post it next month after it has arrived to her.  

Here is what she sent me, I'm truly spoiled by her!!  What she didn't know when she sent this, is that I have a bell collection.  It's so funny that we seem to know what each other likes without really knowing one another.  Thank you so much Kathy!!


Last is Tale As Old As Time.  I'm stitching this as a gift for my DIL.  She loves Beauty and the Beast.  This is a free SAL from Story Stitches and this has been a fun SAL.  You can find this on her blog, but also on her FB group.  Here it is in total, and the last scene  that was released this month.




I guess that's all that's fit to print!  I hope you all are safe and healthy!  Till next time...Happy Stitching! 

6 comments:

Sandy said...

WOW! I'm speechless with all that stitching. Gifts galore. So much details and so many colorful gifts. Do you sleep or eat? Popped in from Gifted Gorgeousness
Sandy's Space

Linda said...

Congrats DJ. I love the 2 monthlies. Can you tell me who the desinger is?

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. What an amazing array of goodies!
The sampler with the house is gorgeous, I do love my over one stitching but I might have thought twice if I'd known there was such a densely stitched house for 36 count. You've done a fabulous job of it.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Such a lovely post about so many GG - stitching really is the hobby that gives and receives

diamondc said...

DJ: Wonderful progress on your WIPS, You have given your exchange partner a beautiful gift of three items, they all are lovely.
Nice exchange gift she sent you, the strawberry is so pretty.
love love your Christmas ornaments.

Catherine

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching, and such lovely gifts given and received. I have enjoyed my visit today, perhaps even more because it was delayed.