Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Puttering...

Does anyone else putter, or is it just me?  Some days I rarely get anything done because I think...well I should straighten up my sewing room...then I find something that needs to be put away in another room, which starts a whole..."but first" disease moment.  On Wednesdays I really try to keep it together and work on a WIP that is hanging around.  I sat at the computer to download the next weeks installment of the Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL.  I had to go on Facebook to get the pattern, that started me thinking I should make a post in Friendly Stitchers, which reminded me to I needed to email someone, then I needed to download another piece of another SAL I'm working on...then I thought, I should update my blog...well you get the idea.  So here I am, another victim of But First disease.  I'm going to do this update, download the pieces of the SALs I'm following, THEN I have to choose a WIP to work on...hm...whatever will I pick?  LOL

Last night I came so close to finishing Peace Rose by Blackbird Designs.  I was just too tired to put in the last few stitches.  So...first thing this morning, I finished this up.  I only had two of the hand dyed floss in my stash, and since I'm really trying hard not to buy new supplies and use up what I have, I substituted a lot of the colors.  I really like how it came out so I guess I didn't do too bad a job.  I stitched this on 36 count Vintage Pecan Butter.  I love it, really, the fabric is lovely to work with!



This past week I put a few more stitches in Flowers & Lace by Kooler Design Studio.  I love this piece, really I do, but it's large and sometimes my hands have trouble holding the frame I use to stitch this with.  So I can only work on it in short bursts.  Here's where I finished the other day.  Maybe I'll work on it a bit more today?



Ok, enough of the "But First" issues.....off to get some stitching done!  Have a great day and Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: Both are such lovely designs, I am so loving the different stitch's in the Flowers and Lace design.
I am one that starts on one thing ending on something else, I procrastinate so much or is it my attention span which is short unless I am stitching or beading.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Peace Rose is beautiful. I would potter more if I didn't set myself a schedule! It's very easy to get sucked into browsing online though. There's always something to update or read!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

DJ, you just described a typical for me. Ha!Ha!
Peace Rose is lovely and I plan to stitch it someday. Flowers and Lace however is gorgeous.