Thursday, April 15, 2021

April Gifted Gorgeousness

What a crazy time it's been!  But one constant (that I am truly grateful for) is the Gifted Gorgeousness post we do once a month.  It keeps me focused on what I still have to work on and keeps me looking at things that have been gifted to me to stitch.  I hope I'm making sense.  The past week or so has been incredibly busy and my brain is fried.  I hope I don't forget to include anything....wish me luck!  If you haven't heard of Gifted Gorgeousness, you can head on over to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching by clicking here.  You can read the rules and sign up to participate there.  The more the merrier!  And if you want to see what the rest of us have been posting for Gifted Gorgeousness, you can click here.  

I'll start by posting what I've received lately.  I have a wonderful pen pal!  She lives in Texas and we've been pals for only a few months now.  I enjoy her letters, and she sends the cutest things!   Here is what I received for Easter.  (The chocolate is missing, as my husband loved the kind that she sent...it didn't stand a chance once I offered him a piece...haha)



I consider things I stitch from freebies on the net as gifts.  But especially the Brooke's Books Advent series.  I'm stitching these for my Daughter-in-law who loves all things cute!  The more I stitch these, the more I love them.  Sheila Sheep is just adorable!  I've been stitching these on 32 count light blue linen over one.  Challenging, but they are so adorable when they are finished!




And of course, Fitzwilliam Frog is dapper in his own right.  He was a quick stitch, and I love how he's croaking out a carol!





For the 12 Days of Christmas challenge I'm participating in, I have been stitching the Dragon Dreams 12 Dragonlets of Christmas.  This month is #4 and is called 4 Calling Collie Birds (don't you love the phone and wire all twisted around the dragon?  These crack me up!!  These are stitched on 28 count antique ivory over two.  





I've been stitching these Monthly patterns by Little House Needleworks for a friend of mine in England.  These are stitched on 40 count over two Natural.  She is putting together a flip book with them!  I'm also making a set for me, but hers come first!  LOL  



I've been participating in a Christmas ornament challenge and they have picked ornaments from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  This month they chose Rejoicing Reindeer by Blue Ribbon Designs.  This is stitched on 40 count lt mocha over two with a mix of WDW threads and DMC.  I do love her designs!  I consider this a GG because my husband gifts the subscription to me.  I hope to finish this off in the next day or two.





Another pattern from JCS Ornament issue is from the 2017 called Guilded Snowflake by DebBee's Designs. I stitched this on 40 count Midnight Tryst from Fabrics By Stephanie over two using WDW Icicle floss.  




For Christmas my husband gifted this SAL pattern to me.  I'm using fabric I found in my stash...28 count Navy...and DMC I had in my stash also.  I'm stitching it over one, and I am just LOVING this design!  It's called Winter Quaker by Wiehenburg Designs and can be found on her website.



Another free pattern I have found on the internet is the Peppermint Purple SAL that is happening right now.  It's a blackwork piece and I am really enjoying stitching this.  I'm using 40 count cream linen.  I've been lucky to be keeping up with it and even started on the border that one of the stitchers shared with the rest of us!  Please don't ask what floss I'm using, be creative and pick a color you love, or you can use the multi color pallet that she is suggesting!




Another freebie is from L'R de rein.  I call it spring basket.  I stitched this for my pen pal, and will finish it soon, as I'm very late to get this in the mail to her.  My life needs to slow down a bit!!!  I had to choose my own colors but I really like the way it turned out!





Last is the Spring Hare by Stacy Nash.  A friend gifted this to me last year and it took me a while to get busy and stitch it.  This is stitched on 32 count blue spruce over one.  I just sent it out to have it made into a standing pin keep.  I'm waiting with baited breath to see how it looks finished!  It's going to be sooooo cute!!  



Ok, I think that's it for now.  I will post this last picture of my Modern Folk Embroidery SAL because I haven't updated a picture on here for a while.  This is not part of Gifted Gorgeousness, but I thought you might like to see it.  



I am in love with this piece (even if stitching it is a challenge...there are a lot of stitches in this this month!!!)  I hope all of you had a safe and healthy Easter season and are enjoying the spring.  I love it this time of year even if my sinuses have issues with the pollen here in Maryland!  LOL  Happy Stitching Everyone!




8 comments:

Mini said...

I know what you mean when you say that GG SAL is the only constant and sometimes its the only reason I blog.
Beautiful stitching on all gifts and the gift you received is cute.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You have been busy, your stitching is lovely. I love your round finishes, so neat. Your blackwork SAL is looking great, the border is perfect. It's lovely to see all your work, stay safe

Donna G. said...

Winter Quaker looks stunning! Spring Hare is also a cute piece. You have been a very busy stitcher!

RONI said...

Oh, I like the finishing on the ornaments? Is it a particular method or kit that you can use and recommend?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all your different projects. I thInk I will stitch the Advent Animals over one too if I ever get to stitch them! Even if I did one a month, they would be get done in two years.
I can't get on the computer until tomorrow so my post is delayed a bit longer!

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, what a wonderful assortment of stitching (and finishing) you shared! What a lovely gift you received from your pen pal! Have a fabulous weekend!

jocondine said...

Great gift, nice Eastern pattern. So many lovely stitchings, the quaker is amazing. xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy DJ. I sometimes wonder how you fit everything in (stitching and non-stitching). You must need very little sleep.
All your project are lovely.