Saturday, April 17, 2021

Drum and a Pinkeep, two bits...

I've decided things need to get finished!  LOL  I realized, as I was searching for something else, that I had some things in my "finished closet" that needed to be fully finished.  I'm terrible at getting things framed and/or finished unless it's for someone else.  Well...I really want to get things out so I can see them.  I stitched Lady Liberty 4 years ago....FOUR YEARS ago!  Sheesh, it's time it saw the light of day...and while I was at it, I decided since I just finished up Spring Hare, I might as well send them both in at the same time.  The finisher at The Stitching Post has done other things for me so I decided I would let her finish these too.   I love this Blackbird Design Lady Liberty drum...and here she is in all her splendor!






And Spring Hare turned out so cute though it's so small.  I really love the backing fabric I found and the trim too.  Aren't they fun?




I just got them back today and had to post about them...I'm happy dancing all over the place today!  I had an attack of "startitis" last night...and once I get a little more done I'll post a picture ... Spring Violets by Hands Across The Seas is what's in the hoop...you know my love affair with violets...haha.  This was a gift from a friend a month or so ago...I just couldn't put it off any longer!  Stay safe, everyone, and Happy Stitching!! 

5 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are terrific finishes. I would like to stitch a drum sometime. I haven't bought a pattern yet as I know it would end up lying in my file for far too long!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two lovely finishes here. The drum is beautiful, I haven't made one yet. Not sure where I would display one so you could see it all.

diamondc said...

DJ: They are both finished beautifully, the coordinating fabric is perfect for the Hare design.
I have so much in my basket waiting for me to put together, I have a few things I stitched a few years back, I feel guilty not having them finished.

Catherine

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely finishes.

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful finishes they did for you, DJ! I love the floral fabric you picked for the bunny piece. Would you happen to know the fabric line? I know you will enjoy displaying both of your beauties!