Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July's Gifted Gorgeousness

My goodness time is flying!  I can't believe this year is half over!!  Seems like the days are long but the weeks fly by!  I will say I've got quite a bit of stitching done lately though, now that my craft room is settled and I can find things easier!

So....if you haven't heard of Gifted Gorgeousness before, this is a challenge that Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching has been hosting for a few years now.  I like it because it challenges me to stitch those patterns that have been gifted, or use the floss or fabric I received.  I also get to showcase those things I've made for others.  If you want the official rules, or to join in the fun (you can sign up at any time!!) stop on over to the sign-up page (click here) and get on board!  Or if you just want to see what the rest of us GGers are doing, you can visit her blog and check us out by clicking (here)

So...what have I been up to since last month?  Let's see....

DH always gifts me the Just Cross Stitch magazine for Christmas each year, so I count anything I've made from the ornament issue as a GG.  This month I stitched Merry Christmas from the 2015 JCS Ornament issue by Samplers Not Forgotten.  It's stitched on 32 count antique ivory linen over one with a charm substituted for the snowflake in the upper right corner.  



From the 2019 ornament issue I stitched Christmas Robin by The Little Stitcher.  It's stitched on 32 count antique ivory over one!  Someone gave me some metal button forms and I wanted to stitch something really small to mount on them.  Hopefully I'll get some finishing done soon!



I was late stitching the ornaments last month so I'm including them in this month's GG as well.  The Stockings Were Hung is also from the 2019 Ornament issue by Rovaris.  I think I may finish this in the oval hoop I stitched it in!  It's stitched on 32 count antique white over two.  My brain is still storming over this one!



I stitched Waiting for Santa by Swallick Stitchery from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue on 32 count natural over two.  I love those cute little sheep butts!!



I've been keeping up with Gloria by Tempting Tangles.  This is a current SAL that DH bought for me for Christmas last year.  I've been working really hard to keep up to date so that I will finish it in time for Christmas this year.  It's been a challenging piece because I'm stitching on 32 count white opalescent over two and my thread keeps tangling.  But I LOVE how it looks and can't wait to get to the next level and see what unfolds next!  Isn't it lovely?  I love Deborah's designs!!



DH also surprised me with another SAL called Birds and Blackwork Flowers by Lesley Teare.  Each month she publishes the next bird in the series.  I have stitched both June and July since the last GG post so here they are!  Both are stitched on 28 count white over two.  First is June...



Then July...



I've made a couple of gifts and I recently got them framed!  These are now in the postal system on their way to their recipients.  They each know what I've made so it's not a surprise.  I cut off the bottom of the baby sampler to keep their name private, but the first is Jungle Baby by Imaginating.



The second is Take Time to Stitch by Jeanette Douglas.  This is the third time I"ve stitched this piece and give each one away.  I'm going to stitch one more....but keeping that one for me!!  LOL  I love this design!  I love challenging pieces like this!!



And I guess that's all the GG I have to show this month.  I have others that I have finished stitching but I'll share them another time.  I hope you all are staying safe and keeping well.  Happy Stitching everyone!


6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful framed pieces you share at the end of your post, DJ! All the pieces you shared are so pretty. Well done on your ornament stitches; my eyes went twitchy when you said over one. Good for you on staying current with the Gloria piece. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Elfie said...

I always enjoy my visit to your GG post. Your Chrustmas stitching is a delight, and Gloria is amazing. I love watching it grow each month. Your framed pieces are lovely too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I adore your over 1 stitching, so tiny and cute.
Gloria is looking amazing, the trees just add a whole new dimension to the design, I love it.
You need to stitch your own personal version on Time to Stitch too. It's a beautiful design and definitely your motto for this month!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I too enjoy the JCS Chrmagazine each year. I really like your Birds and Blackwork pieces, great SAL. What are you going to do with them? The Jeanette Douglas design is beautiful, I'm going to see if I can get it here in the UK

Christine said...

Such a lot of beautiful stitching! The birds with the blackwork flowers are so bright and cheerful

jocondine said...


So much done and everything is lovely. Nice to see those blackwork flowers and progress on Gloria. xxx