Saturday, July 18, 2020

Whew....my fingers have been busy!

It's been a while since I've been able to get some quality stitching done.  I finally have my craft room all organized and it's so easy to find things now!  Yippee!!  The only problem is I promised to do a few things for others, so I can't really stitch for myself now, but that's ok!  I did finish up my 12 Berries of Christmas...and here are the last 4 that I recently finished!  These are designed by Erica Michaels and these are stitched on 32 count fabric over two.

8 Maids a Milking




6 Geese a laying



5 Golden Rings



4 Calling Birds



Now to find time to actually get them fully finished!

I had a day last week when I got some framing done.  I showcased two last week for Gifted Gorgeousness, so here are the other two that I finished up.  They are proudly displayed on my mantle!  

The first is Be Still by My Big Toe.  This was stitched on 28 count Ivory over two and is in a 8X8 frame.



The other is Count Your Blessings by Little House Needleworks.  This was stitched on 40 count Burch over two, and is framed in a 3 X 3 frame.



I finally finished up my Christmas Snowflake by Shannon Christine designs.  It was a challenge to me to get this finished.  I am not a big fan of beading, and this was truly a toughie for me!  But....I love how it came out and now I have to think how I want to frame it...This was stitched on 32 count Midnight fabrics by Stephanie (I love her fabric!!!) over two!



I also finished up 6 Geese a laying and 7 Swans a swimming in the 12 Days of Christmas series published in Stoney Creek Magazine over the 4 issues printed in 2019. 






I also finished up Giving Thanks by Little House Needleworks.  I'm debating on how to finish this off....frame or cube?  Decisions Decisions.  Any ideas?



I guess that's all I've had time for this month.  I need to catch up in Gloria and work on the wedding sampler...but first I have to get started in The Last Supper that I promised to stitch for my church, and get some masks decorated for a friend of mine.  Never a dull moment at DJ's Digs!

I hope all is well with everyone, stay safe, keep well, and Happy Stitching!!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Each piece is so pretty, DJ! Well done on each one! I love the frame you used for the My Big Toe piece. Hmmm...I would think a cube or even a flat fold for the LHN Giving Thanks piece. Enjoy your weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've been stitching up a storm this month! The 12 Days Strawberries are all lovely, I really like the 5th Day.
The framed pieces look great and I love that Ornate Snowflake, just stunning!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

So many finishes pieces and they are all lovely. You have been busy.