Monday, June 22, 2020

Procrastination...


Yes, I have perfected the art of procrastination...LOL   I really should be upstairs finishing off my stitching room which I have been working on for 3 weeks now.  I've hit a roadblock...I need some hanging file folders so I can sort and organize and store away all my patterns.  Ok, don't laugh so hard!  I think they might all fit in the filing cabinet I have...and I've sort of sorted them...into accordion file folders ...well some of them anyway, the rest are in boxes...but I'm stuck for the moment.  And then life happened.  Ben had a birthday... the big 25!  And then it was my Mom's birthday...and then Father's day, so the weekend was pretty much a blur.  We actually went out to a restaurant for Ben's big day...the first day they were open for business to eat inside.  Yep, we took the plunge.  It was a fun evening, honestly.  And nice to spend time with the kids.  We still kept our distance and wore masks, but it was almost like being back to normal.

Because I'm waffling about how to sort and store my patterns, I decided I needed to stitch...so I started finishing up some small projects I had going that I found while I was sorting.  

I should have taken pictures where I had left off ages before...but here is Live Laugh Love by La-D-Da.  It is stitched on 35 count straw over one.  I love the colors of the silks I used in this piece!! 



I also finished up God in my Garden by Tempting Tangles.  This was a SAL that recently published the last part of the pattern last week.  This is stitched on 32 Antique Ivory over one.  It was a pretty quick stitch!  I used silks on this one too, but not the recommended Dinky Dyes it called for.



I have wanted to stitch this ornament for ages.  It's from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue and was designed by Swallick Stitchery and it called Waiting for Santa.  I stitched this on Mocha 32 count over one.  Love those little sheep butts!  LOL


I was able to stitch the Birds and Blackwork flowers SAL for this month also.  This was designed by Lesley Teare....I just love these designs.  This was stitchedon 28 count over two!


Last is The Stockings Were Hung by Rovaris.  This was from the 2019 JCS Ornament issue and was stitched on 28 count lambswool over two.  I think I might leave it in the hoop to finish it...I'll have to think a little more about it before I completely decide.  


I've been asked to stitch The Last Supper again...so I've been gathering materials.  Once I get a little more of the things I want to finish caught up I'll get started...so watch this space!  

And now it's back to the sewing room...let's hope I get some file folders soon!!  I hope you are all getting your home improvement projects finished before we are allowed out of our houses!  Keep safe everyone and Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What super stitches you shared, DJ! I stand in awe of you with the over one stitching. A very little is okay with me, but an entire stitch, I don't think! Yours looks incredible. I have my charts (most of the full-sized ones) in hanging files. I know there are people who file by theme, I file by designer. It is easier for me! Glad you were able to go out to eat for Ben's birthday. Enjoy your week!

Sandra said...

Hi,

I have been looking at your gorgeous over one stitching on the 12 days of Christmas from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. I have managed to track these down and am almost finished with day one, but stitched mine over 2 on 40 count. Mine looks a bit different to yours and I wondered if you used Anchor instead of DMC.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love all your tiny stitching! Those designs look great in small scale. Such beautiful colours.

LindaLee said...

My goodness! You have really inspired me! I just happened across your blog, and what beautiful stitching you have done and are doing now. Great work and loads of beautiful colors. I am now your newest follower, and want to invite you over to my blog as well. Lov'N My Stitches. Looking forward to your next post! LindaLee

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You've completed plenty of beautiful stitching while procrastinating :)