Monday, June 15, 2020

June Gifted Gorgeousness


Hello Fellow Stitchers!  

Yes, it's that time of month again when we showcase our needlework that have been or are gifts.  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching hosts this lovely challenge where we showcase our work that has been gifted.  You can read about the rules and sign up to take part in the challnege here  (click here)  and see what others are posting here  (click here).  

Last month was a bit crazy as I participated in Maynia...where I made up my own rules.  I started out thinking I would stitch only on things I had already started and choose a different WIP each day, but I tired of that quickly...and then just started stitching on things I had kitted too.  I was able to stitch on something new every day, and if I finished something, then I would go back and try to finish up another small project I had already worked on that month.  I got so much stitching done, but I think I burned out a little bit too.  Still, it was a productive month...but once that was over, it was time to buckle down and get some work done around the house...so I haven't stitched much since then.  So...let's see...where should I start?

I finished another ornament for the kids for Christmas.  This was a Shannon Christine design stitched on 40 count natural linen.  I really need to get busy and fully finish so many of the things I've worked on!  I love how this one came out though...


I also wanted to finish one of the #Be well freebies that was floating around out there.  I have so many that I would like to stitch...just no time at the present, but I did finish this one by Hewitt Hill Samplers while we were still in quarantine.  This is stitched on 40 count vintage mocha.


I finished the "under top side " of the casket from Sarah Elliott's Sewing Chest.  This whole kit was a gift from a friend who was downsizing her stash.  There are tons of pieces in this chest, and I'm trying to finish a few here and there before I do the final assembly.  This was stitched on 36 count dove linen.  The mermaids were stitched over one!


I made a little progress on Flowers and Lace by Kooler Designs.  This was a gift from DH one year.  He bought the pattern and found all the floss for it as a gift for Christmas.  Yup...I'm truly spoiled!!


I also made a little progress on Oh Holy Night by Heaven and Earth Designs.  This was also a Christmas gift on a different year from DH.  Again, he bought the pattern and all the floss.  Isn't he amazing?  I wish I made more progress on this...I truly love this design.


Rummaging through my closet I found this half finished piece that was gifted to me at a retreat.  This is called My Scissors by Not Forgotten Farm.  How do you think I should finish this?  Maybe a sweet little pillow?  It's also stitched on 40 count over two.


I started a Dimensions kit that had two bookmarks.  A friend of mine had picked this kit for me to stitch for her as a gift.  That was a couple of years ago...I finally got started on it.  Hopefully I can finish it for her for her birthday in January...wish me luck!!


I'm caught up on Gloria so far.  This was a Christmas gift from DH this past year.  I love this design, and each piece that is published (it's an ongoing SAL) has it's own surprises and delights.  While it's a PAIN to stitch on the opalescent, I can't not stitch this, it's really a feast for the eyes.


I guess that's all the most current GG things I have.  I'm sure next month it will be slim pickings as I seem to have lost my mojo a bit.  It's been a challenge this month as I've been going through stash, moving things out of my sons room to make it my new sewing room.  I've determined I might be a cross stitch hoarder...that's the first step to recovery right?  It's a little disconcerting, as I've found things from my mother, things from Katie, and even things from my Dad...it's heart wrenching, I'll be honest.  I did find cards from when I turned 50...and they had me laughing and crying and remembering all the fun I used to have in the Yahoo groups I belong to.  Going through Ben's room is like a time capsule from the last 25 years.  Whew...I have to stop I'm probably boring you guys to tears!  LOL  Let's just say the past two weeks have been quite the walk down memory lane.  Time to wrap this up and call it a day.  I hope you all are staying well and finding joy in your stitching!  Till next time, Happy Stitching!!


7 comments:

Christine said...

What a lot of gorgeous stitching!

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, what a super assortment of projects you have been working on (and the ornament for the bride and groom is lovely). Thanks for sharing! I hope your mojo returns soon. Thinking of you!

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching. So many lovely projects, and all so different! Gloria is exquisite. I love the ornament you stitched for your newlyweds.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Christmas Ornie is very sweet, they HAVE to get married this year now!

I love the way Gloria is growing, I wasn't expecting those lovely trees at all. They look glorious!

Feel free to present a round-up of GG from your new craft room next month, always nice to take a trip down memory lane with you.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your stitching is lovely, so many nice projects.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You are working on a terrific selection of projects, DJ.
I've found that a room clearance takes longer that I expect because of all those trips down memory lane :)

Julie said...

The memories that come when sorting out things do stall the time it takes to do the job, and cause some heartaches as well as smiles.
Lots of lovely stitching you shared this month