Friday, March 22, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness March, a little late...

I don't have much to show for Gifted Gorgeousness this month...I'm sounding like a broken record...haha, but I really do have a good reason.  In case you don't know what gifted gorgeousness is, I'll send you over to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching for her to explain.  You can read all about it and sign up if you like here.  If you would like to see what others are stitching, you can connect here.

Basically we showcase what we have stitched that has been given to us, or that we have given to others.  I have a little bit of both here....I'll explain as I go along.

I took part in an exchange with Friendly Stitchers.  We were to stitch something "stitch" related to send to a partner.  Though my piece arrived to my partner on time, she wasn't home, and I've lost track of her so I'm unsure if she has arrived home yet or not.  So...I'm going to post it here now anyway.  This is Take Time to Stitch by Jeanette Douglas, the 15th Anniversary issue.  I was going to restitch it for myself, but I couldn't find the pattern when I needed it.  I ran out of time to finish it the way I would have liked to, so found this little frame that I thought would suit it nicely.  There are lots of specialty stitches in this one making a whole lot of fun to stitch!




I've also stitched something for an exchange piece in May, but I won't be able to show the finished project until then.

I was trying to keep up with a challenge I started in January, and have finished 3 of the 5 I had hoped to stitch this month.  I have started number 4 and hopefully will finish both 4 and 5 before the end of the month.  Two wouldn't apply to the GG challenge but #3 would, as it was on a disc of JCS magazines I received one year for Christmas.  This is Noel, by the Sweetheart tree and was found in the 2007 Christmas Ornament Issue.




I am working on the 4th piece in the challenge which was a gift from a friend.  This is Hark the Herald Angels Sing by Mary Beale.  I'm stitching this on 32 count over one using the recommended DMC threads.  I love it, I wish I had more time to stitch on it.




My husband told me this year I could start framing some of the stuff I've had hanging around, so I have a couple more that I have framed.  I'm including them in the GG challenge because the framing is a gift from my husband.  I don't remember the names of the patterns or their designers, but here are the lastest I had framed.





Thanks for stopping by, and when I get a chance I'll see if I have time to visit the other blogs that have posted.  I hope you are enjoying what I hope is the beginning of spring, though I'm expecting a snowstorm where I'm staying at the moment.  I hope I'm not too buried, but they are predicting 3-12 inches.  Heaven help me!!  LOL  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Take Time To Stitch is a fantastic gift!! The bottom framed piece is soooo lovely!! Wow!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. That Christmas Ornament looks rather familiar LOL.

Love the exchange piece too, hope the recipient has actually received it now.

Julie said...

A pretty exchange gift for the friendly stitchers, lucky lady who opened that parcel.

Katie said...

What a beautiful piece you sent out. I hope the recipient has thanked you now. You deserve it that's for sure. Great work on your WIPs and love the framing. They look fantastic.

rosey175 said...

The bottom framed piece makes me smile! All the different alphabets and that swinging lady! What a fun piece. Your GG stitches are beautiful and I bet your recipient gasped with joy when she opened her parcel!