Saturday, March 30, 2019

March Ornament SALs

Whew....just in the nick of time!  I've been working on some challenge pieces that I signed up for at the beginning of the year!  Then all that "stuff" happened in NY and I've been bouncing around like a beach ball at a concert!  LOL  I worked really hard on finishing up the ornaments for the challenges though....so here goes!

For Stitcher's Circle, our goal was to finish two ornaments from any JCS ornament issue.  And...for Christmas Ornie SAL 2018 we are supposed to stitch an ornament from the 2018 JCS Ornament Issue.  I've combined the two!  This month we were supposed to stitch both Blue Ribbon Designs and so I did!  Here are:

Stags over Stars

And Caroling Cardinals

For the Christmas Ornie SAL 2019 there are three topics we could stitch from.  I chose to do all three (am I glutton for punishment or what??)

Theme 1:  12 Days of Christmas - Three French Hens.  This is from the Cross Stitch and Country Crafts March 1989 issue

Theme 2:  Angels We Have Heard on High...which I misread...haha and stitched Hark the Herald Angels Sing by Mary Beal

Theme 3:  JCS 2007 Issue - Noel by the Sweetheart Tree.


I'll be starting another challenge (I decided to do this challenge through our local LNS before all that happened with my Mom, and I think it will be a fun distraction.  If it becomes too much to handle, I will give it up.  I'll be posting pictures on my goals page when I get a chance).  We will start in April.  We had to make a list of 12 projects we wanted to work on throughout the year.  The LNS will pick a number and we will work on that particular project that corresponds with the number on the list we made.  It's just a challenge to see how far we can come working on things we have had kitted up or have started before.  Once I get it all organized, I'll try to keep up to date on this blog.  So...watch this space!  LOL

I've had people asking how I'm doing.  I'll just say that I'm trying to keep things positive even though I'm going through a really difficult time.  There are a lot of crazy family dynamics going on and if I make it through this with my sanity intact it will be a miracle!  So....if you are the type that will pray for others, I would really appreciate your prayers.  It seems the past few years have just been one challenge after another, with this one being the worse one yet.  Still I'm trying to remain positive, but emailing and blogging and all that will be hit and miss.  I apologize in advance for that.

In the meanwhile, I wish you all, Happy Stitching!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Don't feel sorry for not posting. Blogging will be here when life settles down. So sorry for all the stress you are going through right now. I will keep you in my thoughts for sure. Fantastic finishes. Love the Blue Ribbon Designs. Good luck with your new challenge.

Julie said...

Love and blessing to you DJ as you walk this pathway. I hope you are finding quiet relaxing moments with your stitching where you can escape the stresses that a loss brings to the wider family etc.
You've stitched some wonderful things.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful work! You didn't HAVE to stitch both BRD but it was lovely of you to respond to my pressure and do both LOL.
Also, great choice for The Sweetheart Tree ornament, looks very familiar.
I think the stitching challenges are a really good way to keep you grounded while you go through a difficult time. When my brother was in hospital I stitched all day in the relatives' room. It kept me on an even keel.