Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Rolling on....

I've been sitting on this sampler for ages.  I do mean AGES.  I started this as a SAL through the Wiehenburg Yahoo group.  It's called the Mystery Spot Sampler and I was keeping up fabulously .... until I made a mistake.  



I've stitched this on 36 count fabric, over one, using a silk thread....and when I started one arm of a motif one stitch off, and nearly finished 1/4 of it before I found my mistake, I didn't have the heart to rip it out and try to piece the colors together to make it look "right" to my eye.  So I set it aside....for 10 long years!!

I tried making a commitment to myself to finish up some old UFO's and WIP's this year, and while I was searching for something I ran across this one.  I am shocked I could find the pattern (all 35 pages!!!) and the thread which were scattered all over the place.  Not only that, but I finished it within 2 days of finding it...and that includes frogging the part that had the mistake.  Here is my "fix" in progress...



So on that note, I give you the Mystery Spot Sampler by Wiehenburg.  I LOVE how this turned out!!














8 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. I'm glad it finally caught your attention again. What a beauty! Congrats!

Linda said...

Congrats on another gorgeous finish DJ.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh my! It is sooooooo lovely!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's impressive. I love the colours.

Mary said...

Gorgeous. I just love the floss you chose. Congratulations on your finish.

Quenataucus Corner said...

If you find yourself with a weighted blanket that's so small it doesn't cover your entire body, the effect is going to be limited, if any at all on page.tl.

Julie said...

WOW ... exquisite!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I am so pleased that you got this one out to finish and share with us all. Those colours are so lovely, really jewel like.