Tuesday, November 13, 2018

On a roll!

I don't know what has gotten into me, or maybe it's just that most of my Christmas gifts that are being sent away are finished, but I'm on a finishing roll!!  I've been pulling some old WIP's out of my closet, and they are getting finished!!  Whooo hooo...what a great feeling!

I finally finished Royal Garden, this is a Debbee's Design and one I've been working on for a number of years.  I had fun with all these stitches except one, which made me put it aside for a while until I got the courage to finish it up.





I also finished up Orchard Valley Quilting Bee by LHN, which I modified for a Round Robin I was participating in back in 2013.  It was mostly finished except for one of the squares and the middle which were not stitched by the participants.  It only took a couple days of stitching to finish it up, I don't know why it took so long.  I'd like to finish this as a quilted wall hanging.  I hope it doesn't take another 5 years!  LOL!!



I also finished up this little Mill Hill kit that has been hanging around for years.  I decided I really like them stitched on fabric, they are so much easier for me to finish this way!  I have a ton more of them in the wings, maybe next year I can get the rest of them stitched!



I just had to show what I've been accomplishing.  I have more that I've finished but can't show them just yet.   Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stitching!!

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Royal Garden is gorgeous DJ!Orchard Valley Quilting Bee by LHN is so cute. I love the ribbon you used for finishing on the ornament.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes DJ.

Linda

Katie said...

Congrats on all the finishes. I seem to be stitching faster this time of year too. Nice to have some downtime finally.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Well done on your finishes. Finishing is something that I tend to put off. I need to take a leaf out of your book and just get on with it.

Mary said...

They are all very beautiful finishes.

Julie said...

Royal Garden is magnificent, a gorgeous finish.
Great RR choice, well done to all who stitched on that one.
Pretty little ornament finish too

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work, I love the colours in the needlepoint design. Gorgeous purples!