Thursday, November 15, 2018

November Gifted Gorgeousness

Wow, times just seems to fly by, doesn't it?  It's time for the November Gifted Gorgeousness already!  If you don't know what this is, you can head over to Serendipitous Stitching and read all about it by clicking here.  It's our time to share things we have stitched that have been gifted to us, or we are gifting to someone else.  It's all hosted by Jo on her blog, and you can click here to go to her blog and see what everyone else is stitching!

I've been busy lately, stitching for Christmas, and since some of them are gifts, I can't really show them to you yet.  But...some were gifts for Birthdays, and I can share those with you.

I made this tea cup for a friend who shares my birthday.  




I made this for my friend, the lovely Ms. M who was my chemo buddy.  She will never know how much I appreciated her accompanying me on the days I had to sit for 4 hours while poison was sent through my veins.  Her sense of humor and encouragement helped me get through some tough days.  It is a design by the Nebby Needle.



This was a gift from my husband, it was a 13 part SAL through Tempting Tangles called the Blue Poppy Learning Sampler and is patterned after the 17th Century Band Samplers.  I learned so many stitches with this, and had a blast.  I think it might be something I will frame and enter in the fair next year.










This is another gift from my husband.  It's called Through the Window by Ship's Manor.  It was a 12 month SAL and I'm patiently (ok not so patiently) waiting for the last installment.  I have had a blast stitching this!!



This was a gift from a friend who visited The Silver Needle in Oklahoma.  When she told me she was going there, she bought me this pattern.  It's a Blackberry Lane design called Stitching in the Garden, and has all my favorite features in it.  Purple violets, a lady who stitches, and did I mention the color purple?  I finished the front for last month, but I finished the back of the pillow for this month.  Hopefully I can get it finished into a pillow soon!



My former college roommate has admired all my Christmas ornaments, but I have never made one for her, because she doesn't celebrate Christmas.  She is Jewish, so I made this for her.  This was a free chart that was on the Hobby Lobby website at one time and was posted to advertise Sullivan's floss.  It is no longer available on their website, unfortunately.  




And that is all that I have for this time!  Thank you, Jo, for organizing this challenge, you know how much I love participating every month!!  Happy Stitching!!

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I have to say that I am really touched by the gift you gave your chemo buddy. And that is such a spectacular gift you gave your Jewish friend!! Love it!

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes DJ.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I recognise that Just Nan design in the teacup!
Gorgeous work on the sampler, I am sure that will win a ribbon and be much admired.
The gifts for your friends are lovely and very thoughtful too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What beautiful work on your sampler and I love your teacup, great gift.

Julie said...

The gift for your chemo buddy is beautiful, I'm sure she will treasure that.
I too recognise the design in the lovely teacup finish.
The sampler.... now that took my breath away, it's so delightful with its amazing differing stitches and beautiful colours.

Katie said...

Wow lots of beautiful things. Great job on everything!

Ariadne said...

All of your stitched pieces are lovely. I especially like through the window. AriadnefromGreece!

thanida said...

Awesome list, thanks for making our life easier. Needless to say many are new to me.Thanks you.slotxo

thanida said...

Awesome list, thanks for making our life easier. Needless to say many are new to me.Thanks you.slotxo