Saturday, November 20, 2010

More framing!

Hi folks! Did you miss me?

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, life as you know is unpredictable and busy this time of year. Are you busy thinking about Thanksgiving? Are you busy thinking about Christmas? I know I am, but I have to say, on my good days I'm out there shopping and I'm nearly done. I'm going to slowly clean and decorate this week (I'll have my trusty sidekick home all week so I'm counting on DS to give me a hand with things) and once that's done and the cards are sent, I'm going to kick back, relax, and enjoy these holidays like never before. It's amazing the wake up call you receive when you have a serious illness staring you in the face. There are so many things I want to do this year that I haven't been able to do in the past either because I'm working or under some kind of stress. So I say, with my last chemo on Dec 2nd...BRING IT ON!!

Ok, here are a couple more things I managed to get pinned and framed this past Friday. I'm so excited to be getting these things done! Now all I need to do is somehow get them attached in the frames and wires and I'm on my way to hanging them in a little collage that I have been planning. It's going to be so much fun. So without further ado, I give you the last of my remaining framed items!

Thanksgiving is going to be a quiet affair this year. Just DH, DS and myself will be here and we have our meal all planned out. The rest of the day we plan on having a game marathon, using the Wii, board games and the like. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top! Yes, I live with two testosterone fed men who like to win. But they use their brawn...and I use my brain...who do you think will win out? *evil grin* I'll let you know after the dust has settled!

DH, DS and I went to see a movie today (it was the only thing I was able to accomplish today besides a shower LOL) and I'm not sure if it was actually getting out of the house, or the movie that exhausted me. We went to see Unstoppable and it was non-stop action. I was on the edge of my seat and even allowed a rather loud gasp to cross my lips before I could pull it back. What a movie!! All of us left exhausted, because that movie pulled you in and made you sit up and will with all your might that everything turn out ok. If you don't want to see it in theaters, please rent it when it comes out. You'll thank me later...LOL

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post again before the holiday, so if I don't, I'll wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving, and may you count your many blessings this year, no matter what has transpired. It's being thankful in all circumstances that will make you truly happy. *Hugs*

5 comments:

Karen said...

Great framing! That little snowman is adorable! Best wishes for you and your family this holiday season as well!

Mylene said...

wow! They all look gorgeous. Love the frames you have chosen for each piece.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Babs in Alabama said...

Love them all, DJ! Stitched and framed so perfect! Glad that you're in the holiday spirit...you lift the spirit of the rest of us. Am trying to get a letter off to you...have been very ill, but this week seems I'm on the mend. God bless and keep you safe and get you through that last treatment. Have been praying for you much.
hugs,
babs

Edy said...

YOU are one of the things I am thankful for this year!

MarchAnn said...

DJ everything looks great, I love all the frames they look great holding your great work.
Enjoy your game day and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.