Whew...to say I'm tired is a gross understatement. This past week has been unbelievable. To be totally honest, I can't remember everything I've been up to...haha. I know one day was Miss Sassy Pants Birthday, and we celebrated having dinner and cake at her house, then the following Saturday we all met up and played Monster Mini Golf and had dinner afterward at her favorite restaurant. There were a bunch of us there and as always Miss Q kept me quite busy. I'm not sure how she always lands on me, but Q and I do have a good time together. Monday was Grandparent's Day at Miss Sassy Pants preschool so we were off to spend some time with her in her classroom. Too cute, those little bodies stay quite busy! Haha.
Then we were off to pick up my entries at the fair. It's always fun to see the little notes they write on the tags, things like Beautiful Stitching, keep it up! Beautiful detail Both sides nicely done! and Exceptional Work! were my most favorite comments. For years I guess my Mom tried to keep me humble and would rarely say anything nice about things I had stitched so encouraging words mean a lot to me.
Then we drove back "home" to stop at the bank and take care of some things, then off to the storage unit to pick up my fall decorations and do a little organizing. I decorated my mantle a bit, here's what I have so far...
Now to find places to hang my pieces from the fair. I think I need a bigger house! LOL
Thankfully I have a few days off before the next round of busyness rolls around. I've been working on a few different projects. First up is Simple Gifts by Jeannette Douglas. Ms. Mouse and I are having our own SAL on this piece trying to stitch one Motif and the surrounding border a week. We usually stitch on Mondays, but they've been a little crazy lately, so I've been trying to catch up on Sunday. Here is where I am so far.
I've also been working on Pansy Sampler by Samplers Not Forgotten. I'm not too happy with one of the colors I tried to substitute. I'm thinking I may have to change plans a wee bit and perhaps do some frogging. *sigh* I may work on other motifs that don't use that particular color until I decide what to do. In the meanwhile, here is where I am so far.
Let me know what you think about the one solid band I did with the lighter colors and if you think I need a different green please. It just doesn't pop like I want it to.
Last is another of the Hands on Design ornament collection she has been releasing on her Patreon page. This is Cape Cod Crosshatch. I work on this smaller project when my wrist acts up. All the lifting I did with Miss Q has made it flare up a bit lately. I'm actually behind in my stitching on this collection so I might stick with this for a bit. We'll see how it goes.
I guess that's all the news. I will have the girls on Saturday as it's their parent's anniversary and they have plans...then Monday is a holiday and I'll have Miss Q here for the day. Tuesday I'll be having Little Miss Sassy Pants and that will be the highlight of my week! I see a lot more of her sister these days and she is more work than play for me. Miss Sassy Pants and I share a love of crafts so we have more things in common right now. I have a new game we can play, a new Diamond Art kit I think she will like, and who knows what else we will get up to. I can't wait! So I guess that's all the news for now. I'm having a relaxing day today and will get some stitching done later. Happy Stitching!









No comments:
Post a Comment