Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Another week, another motif...

My goodness time is flying!  Since the last time I posted I've had either one or both of the girls 3 times!  While I love having them here, and they truly do my heart good, it's exhausting!  We had both here on Saturday, then Miss Q on Monday and Miss Sassy Pants on Tuesday.  DH stayed home and helped on Monday as I barely got an hour of sleep Sunday night.  Thank goodness he stayed home!  He took her to the park while I got a couple more hours, then we played, ate, and tired her out so she took a good 2 hour nap!  Tuesday was full of crafts, games, playing darts (velcro darts), reading, giggling and just plain fun!  I think we were both a little sad to say goodbye.  

Even though my days have been busy, I'm thankful for a few hours in the evening to get some stitching done.  I stitched quite a bit on Sunday and stitched ahead on the Simple Gifts by Jeannette Douglas SAL I'm doing with my British pal.  We agreed to stitch one motif a week (on Monday) along with the border near the motif.  I finished the next motif along with the border above and below the motif.  I'm so pleased with how it's turning out.  It is stitched on 36 count Dirty Teacup one strand over two threads.  From pictures I've seen, Ms. M and I are are keeping on track!  Here is where I've left off...  



As I was clearing off my mantle to decorate for fall, I realized I hadn't stitched anything for the circular clock.  So far I have something for Christmas and something for the 4th of July.  A while ago someone suggested I stitch Bittersweet Bird.  I wish I could remember who suggested this, I would like to thank you!!  I had everything I needed to stitch it all kitted up but other things kept getting in the way.  So last week when I had a free day, I got it started.  I finished it last night!  Yay!  I will have to have a finishing day soon and get it ready for display.  This is by Teresa Kogut and is stitched on 28 count Heartland two over two using the recommended threads.  I really love how this turned out.  



I have a few days to myself now, so I'm going to see about getting some finishing done, get some smaller things I've been wanting to stitch started, and get a little organizing done.  So much to do....so little time...but I better get going or nothing will get done today.  Thank you to those who have been commenting, I do appreciate your input and encouragement!  Thanks for stopping in!  I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!  Happy Stitching!  

Update:  Ooops I almost forgot to mention another finish I had last week.  I've been trying to keep up with the Hands On Designs Ornament Collection she is offering on her Patreon page.  The last of the Gingerbread Houses is still on my list, but I did finish the second one called Cape Cod Crosshatch.  These are being stitched on 32 count Chestnut two over two.  I decided not to use the wool she suggested and just stitched the topiaries on either side of the door.  I'm pleased with the result.  Now to get the other one stitched...wish me luck!  



Once again, thank you for stopping in...and Happy Stitching!

No comments: