Friday, March 15, 2024

March Gifted Gorgeousness/Fully Finished Gallery


I hope it's ok to combine the two.  I have a few that fit into both categories, so I thought I'd just only publish the pictures once.  Anyway, welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness post for March.  This is a monthly challenge masterminded and hosted by the lovely Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  (Click here).  Once a month, on the 15th, Jo has us link in to her blog with our updates on the things we've stitched associated with the word, gift.  This can be a gift to us or from us and can be something we stitched with gifted fabric, floss, kits etc.  You get the idea.  We welcome others to join in at any time!  Head on over to Jo's blog for more "rules", to subscribe, and for the links to see what others are stitching for this challenge too!  
I have quite a few so I'll get started...  

First up are these fabulous eggs that I found.  The patterns can be found in the Facebook group by F.lli Graziano srl.  They have a lot of patterns for different seasons and celebrations.  I dearly love her egg patterns and have had them in my stash for ages.  Since they are freebies, I consider them GG candidates.  Here are the eggs I've stitched so far, and pictures of the ones I have fully finished.  












I stitched this little bunny egg by La Comtesse & Le Point De Croix.  This was a freebie on her page.  





I also found a set of eggs by Owl Forest Embroidery Easter Eggs I found on their freebie page.  There are 12 in the series, but this violet basket is my favorite...I wonder why?  LOL!





This little Bunny Egg was a freebie from Victoria Samplers a few years ago.  I found some 32 count light blue fabric that I stitched this on over two.  I just adore that little bunny! 





These bunnies were finished 6 years ago.  I was looking for something in my to be finished box and found them.  I always loved this pattern, in fact I had pulled it out to stitch this month...I had forgotten I had stitched it so long ago.  This was a free pattern from Snowflower Diaries from several years ago.  I wasn't sure I would get everything fully finished before Easter, but here we are!  And now I can hang them all up!  Yay!



Just for fun I'm posting a picture of all my Easter Eggs!  



I may have posted these pieces before as they were unfinished and are from Just Cross Stitch publications.  DH gifts me the subscription each year so I consider these GG candidates as well.  Here are the two that I have finished recently.  This is Ready for Christmas from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue...  



And Checking it Twice from the JCS August 2023 issue.  



Both were designed by Durene Jones and stitched on 40 count Burch over two.  I used ornaments I found at Hobby Lobby, removed the bow at the top, and turned them around to attach the stitched ornaments to the inside of the tart pan.  I can't take credit for this idea, I saw someone else do it, and after Christmas I found them on sale for 90% off.  Now who could pass that up?  I really hope they have them again this year, I'll buy a whole boatload...lol!!   

The next two were Valentine's gifts from DH.  They were kits from Wonderland Crafts and I really enjoyed stitching them.  They are stitched on perforated wood and came with a pre cut felt backing.  They are much prettier in person, you can't see the wonderful luster to the beads in a picture.  I look forward to hanging them on my tree next Christmas!  




I put a few stitches if Floral Magenta by The Heart's Content, the kit was gifted to me from a friend.  I love the color of the floss!!



I started this Irish Blessings Wall Hanging piece for  St. Patrick's Day.  DNA showed I was part Irish, part Welsh...so I like to celebrate both holidays!  LOL  Anyway, this was a free pattern from Herrschners so I consider it a GG piece.  I'm hoping to finish before Sunday, wish me luck!  It's stitched on 36 Ivory over two....pictured, without the lettering, it's halfway done!





I guess that's all I have to show at the moment.  I did want to update you on Anne Thomas 1856.  I have been trying to stitch 5 pages a month since I started on the first of January.  I was able to stitch pages 10-15 in the first few days of March...yay me!  



So I am working on more seasonal stitching that I have been hoping to have ready.  There are only 5 more pages left to go, but they are chock full of stitching.  April promises to be a supremely busy month but fingers crossed she will be completed by the end of April and I can get her framed.  Wish me luck!  That is all I have to show for now.  Hopefully I'll have more to show next month!  Till then, stay safe (the storms we have been having lately have been wickedly wild!), stay healthy and Happy Stitching!!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your egg finishes are so pretty, DJ. Well done on those and your other finishes. Your Irish piece is looking very lovely. Awesome progress on Anne Thomas. Enjoy your Friday and weekend!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely collection of eggs, they make a great display. Great finishing and a good start on your Irish project. Anne Thomas looks great, not far from finishing.

Katie said...

Wow so much beautiful things in one post. Just love them all. Keep up that gorgeous work.

Toki said...

Egg Collection is the best.
Beautiful eggs and cute eggs are elaborate.
I'm also starting new project and I'm looking forward to the future.😊