Wednesday, March 20, 2024

IHSW March (a few days late)



The International Hermit and Stitch Weekend was last weekend.  I had a couple of things I was hoping to finish, but you know what they say about the best laid plans.  It turned into a busy weekend between spending quality time with the kids and other things.  So I decided to extend the weekend ... we're allowed to do that, right?  I'm such a rebel.  Anyway, here are the two items I wanted to stitch, and now they are finished!  

First is one that you saw on St. Patrick's day, Irish Blessing by Herrschners.  It's stitched on 32 count ivory over two with the recommended DMC floss.  I'm still trying to decide how to fully finish it, either by a wall hanging or framed.  



The other is this gift from a friend.  It was a kit, that included the floss and fabric.  This is called Floral Magenta and is stitched on a hand dyed fabric 32 count one over one using the floss included in the kit.  I do love how it turned out!  



That's all I have for now.  I'm digging into my stash to see what I can find to stitch.  I have to say I've been stitching from stash since the first of the year.  So far I've only had to buy 8 skeins of DMC floss and have finished 21 different pieces.  Even my finishing has been from stash.  Not bad, eh?  I was badly tempted during Market to order a few things but have made a list of things I would love to have, but still haven't bought anything.  I've also been on a diet and have lost 9 pounds in the past 5 weeks!  I'm not sure where the will power has come from, but I'm taking full advantage!  LOL!!  Wish me luck....I'm sure there will come a day when I cave on something.  Until then....Happy Stitching everybody!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both are beautiful finishes! I think extending hermit weekend is a good idea, DJ. Well done on the weight loss and stitching from stash! Go DJ!

diamondc said...

DJ: They are both lovely designs, I have given up stitching for Lent, it has been hard, I will also be stitching from stash, I just have a need to get things done that I bought years ago.
I agree with Robin extend the Hermit weekend into the week.
Congratulations on the 9 pound loss, I hope you reach your goal.

Catherine☘️