Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November Gifted Gorgeousness



Can you believe it's time for Gifted Gorgeousness again?  That month just flew by!  If this is your first visit during a Gifted Gorgeousness post...welcome!  You can learn more about what the challenge is by visiting the Serendipitous Stitching page that describes what falls into the gifted category by clicking this link.  If you want to see what others are stitching, please visit the sign in page on Jo's main blog page by clicking here.  Basically we check in once a month to post about things we have been given, have given to others, or gifts we have used to stitch other projects.  I have a lot to show this month...so here we go!  

Whew!  I really need to write a New Years Resolution to blog more often.  I've been on a mission to finish up things I started this year, complete some challenges I set forth for myself, and get some Christmas gifts finished up well in advance to get them fully finished before the season so I can relax and enjoy all the things leading up to Christmas.  It's been a busy month as I've participated in some exchanges.  To start with, anything I stitch from Just Cross Stitch magazine I consider a gifted gorgeousness piece because I've been gifted all of the issues that have been printed from my husband...who supports my habit...haha.  

I have some catching up to do because I had stitched gifts but now that they are winging their way to their recipients, I can now show you what I made for them.  I am participating in an exchange through Gift of Stitching...I stitched three items for my partner and will show the whole package I sent to her.  First is When Cardinals Appear by Blackberry Lane Designs which I stitched only the bird and made into an ornament...  



Next is Count your Stitches also by Blackberry Lane Designs.  I love Marie's designs and have stitched some more than once!  This one I framed.  



Last is Down in the Valley by Blackbird Designs which I finished in a candle holder with a pedestal.  I was very tempted to keep this one for myself!  LOL  Last is all the gifts I sent her.  I hope she enjoys them!  




I received some lovely gifts for my birthday last month, my pen pal sure spoils me!  



I've been so busy with other things that I just can't keep up and didn't quite get everything together for my pen pal who's birthday is today.  I  promised I would make it up to her next month.  I sent My Stitcher's Heart by Hands on Design finished in this little "frame" I found at Michaels.  It was the perfect shape and size!  Now I need to make one for myself!  LOL  



I also sent this pumpkin I found at Hobby Lobby and stitched this freebie I found from Shannon Christine as her November gift for Thanksgiving.  



Her gift for October was this Pumpkin on Gingham by Sweetheart Tree that I found in a JCS  magazine.  I finished it into a frame I found at Michaels.  



Her gift to me from November  is below...she really does spoil me!



Sadly I'm going to have to give up stitching for my pen pal as I found it just too stressful with all I have going on with family and babysitting.  I will miss stitching for her and receiving all the lovely gifts she sends too!   

I've been working on this free SAL from Story Stitches since March.  My DIL loves Beauty and the Beast.  So I stitched this for her, but it may wind up hanging in my GDs room.  I really enjoyed stitching all the little scenes from the story inside the castle "frame". 


 

I finally finished up this Cottage Garden SAL by Wiehenburg Designs which the designer gave to me.  I felt the need to finish the pattern as next month is already full of activities planned by my DIL who is all about creating memories.  It's fun, but exhausting!  LOL.


  

I've been working on this free SAL offered through Linen and Threads back in 2020.  It's called Friends and Family sampler and I've been adding initials as I  go along.  I'm running out of room, so I sincerely hope I don't offend anybody.  I've mostly added initials of friends and family who impacted my stitching.  I love how this is turning out, and only have the December portion to finish.   



I finished up several JCS Ornaments to finish out some challenges I had signed up for through December.  Now that these are finished I can stitch pretty much whatever I want which frees me up to finish some gifts for friends and family.  

Here are...Snow Desert For Me 2021  



Twinkle 2011  



Holly Berries Mini Biscornu 2008 



 Just a  Little Flaky 2011  



Be Jolly 2021  O Little Town of Bethlehem 2021 



 Christmas on the Farm 2021  



I made the mistake of showing my hairdresser some of the things I've been stitching. When I showed her the ornament I made for an exchange she was speechless....so I decided to make one for her.  I stitched ... now to finish it.  This is When Cardinals Appear by Blackberry Lane Designs stitched on 32 count Nuthatch over two.  I hope she likes it!



Last is something I finished up for a friend of mine who's birthday is next week.  This is The Winter Is Past by Blackbird Designs.  I just need to get it fully finished this weekend.  Heading to Hobby Lobby for some inspiration!  



And that is all the news.  Sorry this was so long, hopefully it didn't bore you too much.  Next month should be a little lighter haha.  Happy Stitching and here's to fingers crossed you get all your holiday stitching done in time!  I'm still worried I won't get it all done, so wish me luck!  Take care!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What an amazing GG post, so many beautiful gifts sent and received. There are so many, all lovely but my favourite is My Stitcher's Heart.

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: Oh my goodness, so many adorable ornaments to see.
The first on with the cardinal is beautiful, nice exchange gifts for you and from you.
Beauty and The Beast is such a sweet design, congratulation on finishing Cottage Gardens SAL< it is lovely.
Friends and Family is also a beautiful design, and you are so close to the finish.
The pumpkin frame is really a unique idea for a stitched design, I like it.

Catherine

Elfie said...

Wow! So many beautiful gifts given and received. And such beautiful stitching. It's always a delight to visit your blog.

jocondine said...

What an impressive post, so different projects and patterns, every thing, small or big, is lovely. xxx

Katie said...

So many beautiful things. Thanks for sharing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So many gorgeous pieces here that are being sent away to brighten the lives of other people!
I love your two big samplers and spotted a JP in there. Even if it’s not me, I’m claiming it LOL