Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Finishing Frenzy

Hi Fellow Stitchers!  It's been a busy few days at DJ's Digs.  Since our new addition to our family, we now have more family (in-laws) than ever before!  We love our DIL, but it can be a little overwhelming when we have "family" gatherings.  We are used to holidays and celebrations being just the 3 of us since most of our immediate family live so far away...and now gatherings with the  in-laws is more of a boisterous crowd affair.  It's a little intimidating for this introvert...LOL!!  It takes some getting used to...but they are a fun bunch!  Anyway, I've been making ornaments for the closest ones and will be giving them out at Thanksgiving so they can hang them on their trees before Christmas.  Rather than bore you with the "stats" on each one, I'm showing them in two groupings.  If you are interested in the information on them, please check out the 2022 Goals page at the top of this blog and toward the middle there will be pictures of the finished ornaments with all the information about each one listed there.  I still have one more to stitch and finish (wish me luck...I probably won't make it before tomorrow) but they will have it before Christmas.  Anyway...here they are so far...  




I also have finished my Friends and Family sampler from Linen & Threads which was their 2020 SAL still available on their website.  It is stitched on 32 count Espresso over one with Manor Red Gloriana Silk threads.  I enjoyed stitching on this...and as I was posting different pictures of my progress, I found that some initials could represent more than one person (who knew my friends shared initials...haha).  Please don't feel left out if your initials aren't there.  I truly ran out of room...maybe I should stitch another one?  LOL!!  And just for the record, Jo (if you are reading this) of course those are your initials....(they are also the initials of  my MIL) but you know what they say about two birds, one stone...LOL!!  I'm sure she doesn't mind sharing that "space" with you!  And of course you should be included in the stitching friends.  Several of my online friends are on there, as well as friends I made in High School, and College....I tried to mostly include those who influenced my stitching, so both my Grandmothers are there and an Aunt who really encouraged my crafty side.  This was a work of heart for sure!  



And that's all I have for today.  I will be super busy tomorrow and can't wait to see family tomorrow for Thanksgiving.  I hope you all stay safe and healthy and have lots to be thankful for as we celebrate tomorrow.  Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful assortment of Christmas ornaments you stitched and finished, DJ! Your Friends and Family sampler is gorgeous. Well done on getting it finished! Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving!

diamondc said...

Happy Thanksgiving DJ and Family: All your ornaments are wonderful; your finishing is perfect.
I like large gatherings, I am an extrovert.
I hope you have a wonderful day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous selection of ornaments, I recognise some from the JCS Ornament SAL. I’m looking forward to tallying all the votes this year and seeing what has been chosen for 2023.
Love the Friends and Family Sampler and all the initials. I’m so delighted to be represented there along with your MIL. It’s such a beautiful design and I love the thread colour you choose too.

Katie said...

Love your ornaments and the beautiful finishing. The sampler is beautiful as well.