Saturday, October 15, 2022

October Gifted Gorgeousness



Hello Fellow Stitchers!  It's that time of month when we showcase those things gifted...either to us or for others, or stitching items we are using that were gifted to us.  If you want to sign up for this adventure (it's never too late to join the fun) you can click here to take you to Jo's page who runs this challenge.  If you want to see what we are up to, you can click here to see all those participating and links to their page.  I have been stitching up a storm this month, but I don't have much to show at the moment.  I am participating in a Christmas exchange and I'm working toward finishing up the gifts for that exchange, and also for my pen pal.  Maybe next month I'll have more to show.  Here is what I have that I can show...  I have received my birthday gift from my Pen Pal.  She always treats me so well and sent such lovely things this year!  I truly have the best Pen Pal!! 


 

This chart was a gift from the designer.  I've been working really hard to keep ahead, but with all that went on in September I fell behind a bit.  As soon as I have all my gifts made I'll be back stitching on this.  It's called Cottage Garden SAL by Weihenberg.  I just love the pattern!!  



I stitched (and finished) this cute little Snowman Keeper, a freebie from the Drawn Thread.  It's stitched on 40 count Dapple over two....and I will say...finishing this sucker was a pain in my ahem...behind.  I doubt I'll ever show anyone the back...LOL!!  And I'm pretty sure I'll never stitch another one on 40 count (unless I'm suffering from Alzheimer's and forget).  




I'm also working on this SAL that was offered free by Linen and Threads in 2020.  I've finished the October portion...I love this one so much, though it's a challenge stitching on 36 count!!  




This last is a gift, and it was also offered as a free pattern at one time.  I liked it so much I stitched it twice and will keep this one for myself.  haha  This is Thankful & Blessed by Shannon Christine Designs.  



I guess that's all I have for this time.  Hopefully I'll have more next time.  Until then, stay safe and healthy and Happy Stitching!

,

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A beautiful blog if gifts. Big applause for your 40 count, far too small for me. Your thankful and blessed is lovely.

diamondc said...

DJ: Oh my so many lovely gifts, Thankful and Blessed is a perfect finish.
Your SAL is beautiful and so close to the finish.
Your snowman ornament is so sweet, stitching on 40 count can be a challenge, the finish is perfect.
Your birthday package is wonderful and with candy kiss's, yum.
Have a great day.

Catherine

Elfie said...

I have enjoyed ny visit. The gift from your penpal is lovely. Your samplers are beautiful, and just to my taste. I admire you for tackling the 40 count fabric. It would be way out of my comfort zone.

jocondine said...

Great progress on your SALs and nice finish. Love the pattern of Shanon Christine perfect on the black fabric. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your beautiful projects. The two larger samplers are stunning and both look like they are heading close to finishes.
I do like 40 count because you only need on strand of thread! No need to railroad.

FlashinScissors said...

Lots of beautiful stitching DJ!
I enjoyed my visit today.
I’m struggling to stitch on 28 count and I’m quaking in my shoes thinking about your 40 count stitching!
Well done!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Sandy said...

Everything is so pretty, but I especially love your first sampler. I love the colors and the design and you've really made lots of headway with it. It will be done soon it seems.
Sandy's Space

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.