Sunday, May 15, 2022

May Gifted Gorgeousness

I can't believe May is already half over!  I'm still catching up from April!  LOL  BUT I do have a few more things to show this month...so here goes.  



First off, if you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, take a look here and Jo from Serendipitous Stitching will tell you all you need to know.  Basically it's any stitching with the word gift associated with it.  You can even sign up to join the fun, you can join at any time!  And if you want to see what the rest of us have been stitching...go to this page and you will find links to our pages.  Thank you, Jo, for all your hard work and for hosting this challenge.  So, let's see...where do I begin?  

I participate in a few challenges, one is with Just Cross Stitch magazines, where we stitch certain ornaments throughout the year.  One is a facebook group, the other is a blog we can post on.  Since my husband has gifted me all the magazines since the beginning, I consider anything I stitch from them to fall into the GG category.  So far, since the last GG posting I have stitched:  

Have a Mooey Christmas by Sharon Pope from the 2021 JCS Ornament issue  



Christmas in my Heart by MTV Designs from the 2021 JCS Ornament issue  



I've also stitched this little stocking from the May stocking collection by Blackbird Designs.  This will be a gift for my pen pal as soon as I get it made into a stocking!  



This is what my Pen Pal sent last month!  I truly am spoiled by her!


 

I've been stitching on a SAL from 2020 by Linen and Threads with a group from Friendly Stitchers.  I was able to manage the April portion...I'm still trying to get May done before the end of the month, but here is where I am at the moment.  I consider this a "gift" as it was a free SAL offered in 2020.



I've also stitched a bit on Rose Ada Featherstone.  This is stitched on 46 count and I can only stitch a bit in snippets, it drives my eyes buggy!  LOL  This was a birthday gift from my husband last year and I really hope to finish it sometime this year.



I'm working on this SAL as a gift for my DIL.  It is a free SAL being offered through Story Stitches and I love it so far!  I'm happy to report I'm fully caught up on this one!  If I'm lucky, I hope it will be a Christmas gift to her.  Fingers crossed!!





I have crocheted a racetrack for a friend of my son who is a new Momma to a little boy.  The parents love NASCAR and when she saw a similar one online and posted about it on Facebook, I just had to make one for her!  She loved it, by the way!  



I have stitched a few other gifts but I'm not able to post about them just yet!  So stay tuned!  I also promised another surprise, I haven't forgotten, I just need a little more time to finish getting it ready.  I keep hoping things will calm down, but so far I'm still trotting along in the fast lane...haha.  I'm pretty sure I'll have more to show next time.  Till then, Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Elfie said...

I always enjoy my visit to your blog, and thus time is no exception. Gorgeous projects, and beautifully stitched. The crichet racetrack is so lovely. I've not seen one before.

Elfie said...

I always enjoy my visit to your blog, and this time is no exception. Gorgeous projects, and beautifully stitched. The crochet racetrack is so lovely. I've not seen one before.

Sandy said...

WOW, popped over from the Gift Linky....my fingers hurt seeing all your stitching. So many projects and all are beautiful. And now I'm rubbing my eyes thinking about the linen and 46 count stitching. Would imagine stitching those on days when you have bright natural light would be helpful. Your crocheted race track is adorable. Reminds me of when I crocheted a football field afghan for one of my nephews for a Christmas Present.
Sandy's Space

RONI said...

46 count!!! Whaaaaaa!? That's bugging my brain let alone my eyes. Nice stitching, and so much stuff!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So much wonderful stitching again! I have not used 46 count but as I'm doing Halloween at HRH over one on 25 I think I'd be fine with 46 over two!
The Lily of the Valley stocking is so sweet, what a nice idea to have stockings for all through the year.
I also love the Linen and Threads SAL and the clever racetrack.