Friday, April 29, 2022

Well...that didn't go as planned...

It has been a WILD month!  I have enjoyed every moment of it, but wheweee am I tired!!  I didn't reach many of the goals I've set for myself...much to my chagrin.  But I sure had fun trying!  Where to start?  

Well the kids lost their babysitter...and had a mad scramble trying to find a new one.  I can't believe the prices some of these people charge to watch kids these days.  I understand that they have a lot of responsibility...but I don't know how parents afford their care.  They were finally able to find one that charges a reasonable amount per day, and is willing to accept kids per diem.  Thankfully I am able to watch Aubrey twice a week to help with their expenses.  So you may be seeing a few pictures of her now and then as I spend more time with her.  She is so good for me, taking two naps a day so far, and usually in a happy mood.  Max is scared to death of her, and hides as soon as she enters the front door.  Hahaha.  




Max gets extra cuddles and attention the rest of the time.  He's used to a quiet low key home...and is even more attached to me now.  What can I say?  Babies and cats love me...haha.  



So we have been extra busy these days.  With our trip to Hobby House Needleworks earlier this month, 



and then a trip to Hershey in Pennsylvania where we rented a house for two nights, and a few extra days watching Aubrey thrown in, I haven't had much time for stitching.  



I was able to manage a little bit more on the Melbourne Sampler by Jean Farish that I started while taking the class.  I'm barely scratching the surface of the specialty stitches, I can't wait to get a little more done.  It's such a pretty pattern, I hope my stitching does it justice!



I have a few exchanges coming up so I've been working on them along with my usual monthly goals.  The only things I have to show (as the rest are surprises) are...  Lily of the Valley stocking by Blackbird Designs.  This is found in the pamphlet of stockings for May.  It's a little larger than I hoped, I didn't realize I was stitching on 28 count (supposed to be 32) but that's ok, I really like how it came out.  



The other is Have a Mooey Christmas by Sharon Pope from the 2021 JCS Ornament issue.  Whew where there a lot of stitches in this one...it's been a while since I've stitched anything with full coverage....and the dreaded backstitching!  But I think it's so cute...now to figure out how to finish it off.  



So....that's where I'm at these days.  I'm itching to get started on the pattern I designed, but I'm behind in all my SALs and challenges....hopefully I can get caught up next month...if my husband and kids will calm down and let me stay home longer than a New York minute!)  I'm off to crochet a race track for one of my son's former coworkers.  She just had a baby boy of her own, and I couldn't say no to her when she posted that she wanted one.  It's coming along quickly and nicely...so watch this space!  Once that's done, I'm hoping to fire up my needles and get some serious stitching done!  I hope you all are happy and healthy wherever you are.  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have had a busy month! Lovely to have some extra Grandma time though.
As ever, the American system confuses me LOL. A babysitter here is someone who comes over, usually in the evening and charges a little as the child is asleep most of the time. It's good work for students who earn some pocket money and do some studying at the same time.
But the American word seems to cover what we would call a childminder. Someone who looks after the child while the parents work. Except yours don't seem to be regulated at all! Here they have to be registered with the authorities and undergo inspections for safety and appropriate activities. They work from their home which can be nicer than a crèche style nursery too.
Hope they find a good one anyway, they are trusting her with their most valuable possession!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I hope a babysitter is found soon, it will be settling for everyone. Lovely stitching, fingers crossed you soon have time to do more.

diamondc said...

DJ: Nowadays it is hard to find sitters, no one seems to be interested.
Your stitching is lovely as always.
Poor Max I hope he gets used to the baby.
I bet you had a wonderful time; it looks like some things are getting back to normal in the stitching world, that looks like a fun group of ladies.

Catherine