Thursday, July 15, 2021

July's Gifted Gorgeousness

Whew!  It's been quite a journey since last month!  Life sure gets in the way a lot of times!  LOL  I have quite a few Gifted Gorgeousness to post so I'll get right to it.  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, you can read more about it and sign up here.  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching hosts this challenge and has a link up page once a month on the 15th where you can see what others are stitching for this challenge too.  You can find her homepage here.  I really hoped to have some of these fully finished, but I'll get there...so on with the show!

I've been participating in a challenge this month called  Christmas in July.  It just so happens that a lot of my GG items fall into this category too.  I may have to stitch a few things during the rest of the month that don't fall into that category, but...you know...life...haha.  I still have to stitch for my pen pals and I don't know if they would appreciate something "christmassy" in July...

So far I've been able to stay on course.  I have finished 8 of the Brooke's Books Advent series, with only two left to finish the entire series!  Yay!  These are free patterns offered on her website.  I'll have to have a finishing day soon!  Here are...

Gigi Giraffe



Hamilton Horse



Remy Rabbit



Larry Lion



Odette Owl



Ethan Elephant



Ping Panda



And Alistair Alligator



I also have a few Just Cross Stitch ornaments I have stitched, I consider these gifts too as all the issues were from subscriptions my husband has gifted me over the years.  The first is  Merry Christmas Drum from the 2018 Ornament issue by From the Heart Needleart.




Next is Caroling Friends from the 2020 Ornament issue by Carolyn Manning



I also am working on the 12 Dragonlets of 2012 by Dragon Dreams, they were free on her Facebook page and are still there if you want to search for them.  I hope to finish up a few more this month but so far I've only finished 7 Swans a Swimming.



Another piece I worked on this month is Winter Quaker by Wiehenburg designs.  This is a 12 month SAL, with one piece a month being released.  I'm so pleased I've been able to keep up with this one, it's my favorite right now, and so hard to put down when each page of the SAL is finished.  It's stitched on 28 count Navy over one with the recommended colors.  Since I've been trying very hard to stitch from stash from the beginning of the year, all of the materials I'm stitching this with have come from my stash!  Only the patter was new, and was a Christmas gift from my husband.



I've been sending my pen pal in England a monthly cross stitch from a series from Little House Needleworks.  I stitched July last month, but haven't sent it to her yet.  I will have to break from the Christmas theme soon to stitch and send August.  I fell a bit behind with things I've had to do here.  Here is July...



I've been also sending things to my pen pal in Texas.  I hurried and finished this for July.  This is another Patriotic Rose by Threadwork Primitives.  I've now stitched this 3 times and finished it three different ways!  Haha!  I'll show a picture of how I finished the one I kept for myself after the gifted one.




And here is what my pen pal sent to me this month...I think she is participating in the Christmas in July challenge too!  



Last is a picture of Token of Love by With Thy Needle and Thread.  This was a gift from my husband for our Anniversary a few years ago.  I got it started but then it sat as a UFO for awhile as my attention was drawn elsewhere.  I think I may have to challenge myself to finish up a few projects I have lying around soon!  I should get  it framed and gifted for our anniversary next month!



And I guess that's all that I can remember.  I hope everyone is safe and healthy wherever you are.  Happy Stitching!!

7 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Oh my, those advent pieces are adorable! I am totally loving Christmas in July this year and seeing everything that people are working on. You have so many great projects. Happy stitching! -Andrea

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I particularly liked your last item, what a nice gift for the occasion

Elfie said...

All your gift stitching is gorgeous. I am a total fan of Christmas stitching, so your blog is a delight for me to visit.

diamondc said...

DJ: I have to say I am so in love with GiGi the Giraffe, it is adorable, my Mothers nick name was grandma GiGi.
I love all your stitching.
Winter Quaker is beautiful.
Positively beautiful finish on the Patriotic designs, do you buy old tins or new ones?

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You really make me want to stitch the Advent Animals every time I see your's! The expression on the alligator's face is priceless.
Love the Anniversary Quaker too, such beautiful colours. Hope you can get it finished for your Anniversary.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

DJ, you have a lovely selection of GG and the Advent Animals are so cute. It would be lovely to have Token of Love framed for your anniversary.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely collection of stitching. Happy Anniversary, I'm sure you have it done in time.