Thursday, July 1, 2021

Christmas in July!

I'm not sure why I decided to join in the SAL this year....I mean....I have a million and one things I hope to make for the new Grandbaby....but here I am joining in a couple of Christmas in July SALs.  I guess I have a ton of things I hope to stitch for Christmas, why not get them stitched and out of the way in July so I have a few months to finally finish them off?  LOL  So what's on my list?  I want to finish the final 10 Brooke's Books Advent characters.  I started with #16 today...Gigi Giraffe.  Since I'm finishing all of these in round ornaments...this one seems a bit off to me.  I'm going to call it finished (as I've stitched it as the pattern suggests) and either stitch a little more to make it round...or...finish it in a rectangle...or...finish it as it is in a round ornament.  Decisions, Decisions...

I'm going to stitch the July installment of the Winter Quaker as part of the SAL.

I'm going to finish up the 12 Days of Christmas, which there are only 6 left.

I'm going to work on Gloria by Tempting Tangles, and hope to get quite a bit more done.

And if there's time...I'll work on Kringles.  Quite an ambitious goal...so wish me luck!

Thankfully the heat wave that settled over us has moved on, but we sure are getting some gully washers, and thunder boomers.  The lights even flickered a bit here.

I rushed to finish up a couple of things before the 4th and the first of the month....here is Jack Be Nimble



I finished another Patriotic Rose but it didn't have a chance to fully finish it yet...I'll get there.  This one was stitched on Pearled Barley 36 count over one.  A challenge but I love it now that it's finished!



I finished June by Cecelia Votta stitched on 36 count Mocha over two...just in time before July started!



I was able to open my exchange for Gift of Friendship today.  Here is a picture of what I sent...



 And here is what I received.  I feel well and truly spoiled!  I love it all...what  a fun exchange!  I hope my partner likes hers.



And I guess that's all that's fit to print.  I hope you are safe, healthy and comfortable wherever you are.  Take care, and Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Glad that you liked the package that I sent, love doing these exchanges with the GOF ladies. Best wishes Sue x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Jack be Nimble is so cute. You've got some ambitious targets for the month! I'm just doing my 12 Days design and calling that my Christmas!

Faith... said...

Jack looks pretty good and spry to make it over that candle! You have a pretty big list to stitch up for Christmas in July and I wish you luck! Your other stitching looks great and I love your package of goodies too.