Thursday, April 9, 2020

On the fourth week of quarantine...

Well....it's been 4 weeks since we started quarantine procedures.  How are you all coping?  I'm hoping you are all finding healthy ways to get through your days.  We've been walking in the neighborhood when the weather is good, and doing some spring cleaning when the weather isn't so good.  It's a bit windy today, so thought I would show you some of the sights we saw on our walk today.  We learned we had a short power outage while we were out there today.  





So, I've been getting a little stitching done.  I have a few things that I stitch each month as a SAL and a challenge.  I receive the next installment of the Blackwork Flowers and Birds by Lesley Teare at the beginning of the month.  This is the April pattern.



I'm participating in two challenges from the Christmas Ornie SAL 2020 blog.  I'm stitching theme one and theme two.  Theme one is the 12 Days of Christmas.   I am stitching a series that was published in the Stoney Creek Magazine in 2019.  Four Calling Birds was published in the Spring 2020 issue.  I used the fibers they suggested, stitched this on 28 count white evenweave over two, but substituted a bell charm I had on hand instead of the Mill Hill Treasure they suggested.



Theme three is an ornament from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue, each month has a different year designation.  This month the year they chose was 2018.  I chose Dashing through the snow by Lucie Heaton.  I stitched this on 28 count Pearl Grey over two substituting the fibers....DMC 321, DMC B5200, and Red Petite Treasure Braid by Rainbow Gallery.  This was a fun and quick stitch!



I'm also participating in a FB challenge from the JCS 2020 Ornament SAL.  They have been choosing ornaments from the 2019 Ornament issue for each month.  This month they chose Trimming the Tree by Blue Ribbon Designs.  This one is stitched on 40 count Vintage Mocha over two.  I love how this one turned out!!



I made a little progress on Creation by Tempting Tangles...



And I also made a little progress on Blooming Bouquet - Thankful by Jeanette Douglas.



And that is all I've done so far this month.  It's mind of amazing the technology that is available these days to feel closer to people.  We have been facetiming, zooming, and google duoing.  LOL  We even have a Bible study once a week through a telephonic meeting...fun!  Hope you are all keeping safe and well.  Keep smiling and happy stitching!


4 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely to see you DJ, you have a lovely smile.
The Lesley Teare is stunning, so bright and delightful.

Robin in Virginia said...

I enjoyed seeing your finished and in progress stitched, DJ! Each ornament is lovely, but my favorite is the Red Bird by Blue Ribbon. What a beautiful area you have for your walks! Wishing you a peaceful Easter weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looks like you enjoyed your walk.
The Lesley Teare is beautiful, I am enjoying those zingy colours.
I also like the Blue Ribbon design. I have a plan to stitch all that series! I got as far as listing them all on a spreadsheet...

Katie said...

My hubby is still working like nothing is wrong. I'm so frustrated with his company. 2 days off is all he has had at the beginning. Plus a fruit basket. Glad to hear you are doing good though. Beautiful stitching!!