Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April Gifted Gorgeousness

It's the 15th, and you know what that means....it's Gifted Gorgeousness day!  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching hosts this challenge each month.  It's our chance to showcase things we have been given, or things we are gifting another person.  If you want to sign up or read the rules, click HERE.  If you want to see what the rest of us are showcasing...click HERE.

I have a love hate relationship with this silly pattern!  Actually it's not the pattern I have a problem with, it's the fabric.  I'm working on 32 count white opalescent.  While I love how it looks, it is the biggest pain to stitch on....can anyone relate???



This is Gloria, a SAL by Tempting Tangles.  It was a Christmas gift last December from DH.  I know...I'm spoiled!!  Part 8 was just published last week.  They are being released about every two weeks....so I have about 10 days before the next one is released.  I'm going to celebrate by working on something really fun...or maybe I'll start something new...stay tuned!  LOL

I pulled Marie Antoinette out and worked a little bit on her.  In case you don't remember where I left off I'll post before and after pictures.  This is a Chatelaine design stitched over two on 32 count.  I love how it's turning out, but some of the specialty stitches make it a little challenging.  I'm also including some close ups of the specialty stitches that are turning my hair grey...LOL  This was a gift from my husband a few years ago.  He ordered the pattern and tried to find all the fibers and embellishments but it took a little while.




Sorry for the poor pictures, it was taken late at night and it's hard to get a good picture of black fabric in poor light.

I worked on Blooming Bouquets-Thankful a little this month too.  This was a gift from a friend who attended a retreat and decided not to stitch this one for herself.  This is stitched on 40 count over two Heartland.  I love the fabric!!  These specialty stitches are proving to be a challenge too.  But it's interesting how it came out!



I hope you are all staying well and keeping entertained.  I'm finally used to having DH around constantly and we are actually enjoying each others company.  Today is turning out to be a really windy, rainy, stormy day...so we may bump heads a little if he can't get out for his daily walk.  Wish us luck!  And Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

These are all so gorgeous, DJ, I especially love Gloria!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Gorgeous projects, Gloria looks amazing, I've had fabrics before that make a project harder. Taking photos is tricky in bright or dark light, yours looked great and so does Marie Antoinette, stay safe !

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gloria is still glorious! I think opalescent fabrics can be tricky because the metallic thread adds an extra thread to the warp and weft so it's easier to miscount.

At least your other projects are easier. Oh wait, black fabric and then 40 count. You don't make life easy for yourself LOL.
I do enjoy 40 count myself. I must buy some more so I can use it more often!

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything!

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, you have made beautiful progress on your WIPs. Good for you!

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching!

Julie said...

Lovely updates for this months GG.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good progress on all your projects. I imagine that you work on Marie Antoinette in short bursts as it must be difficult to work on black fabric for extended periods.