Saturday, March 5, 2011

Under the weather...

Tis the season, I guess. With the warm days, cold days, high winds, and no winds, I finally caught a dreaded something-or-other. I've been coughing and sneezing and not getting too much sleep. *sigh* And it was a busy week too. Ah well...this too shall pass...and to be honest...I would rather have gotten this "something-or-other" now then when I was going through chemo...so again I say...BRING IT ON!!

As I mentioned, it has been a busy week. On Tuesday I sat down with all those referrals and called to make appointments. To my surprise, I got appointments for 3 of the 5 last week! Of course, in my world, one appointment is usually not enough...they lead to more appointments. Luckily though, the other appointments are scheduled a few months from now. I saw the cardiologist who tells me I DO indeed have a heart, and it's right where it's supposed to be, doing what it's supposed to be doing, just at a faster rate than normal. Two months of walking at a brisk pace three to four times a week should get it back where it's supposed to be. Wish me luck!! LOL I had a sonogram done of my heart at that visit, and the technician looked at me, looked at my chart...looked at me again, asked me my name, and date of birth, and said "You sure look young for your age! I never would have guess you were 50!!" *grin* Now that's what I call a bedside manner!!

The Gastro man (G-man as I'll call him) was a trip in himself. He scheduled a couple of tests which I will have done on Monday. I won't go into detail, but I didn't like him much, of all the doctors I've seen he had NO compassion and just told you like it is. I guess some people like that, but I found him rude and insensitive. Just because you are busy and good at what you do, does not give you the right to treat someone like an inconvenience and an interruption to your day. Oh well, hopefully the tests will show nothing, and I'll be on my way, never to darken his door again!

I saw my plastic surgeon as well, I must say I DO like him!! We scheduled the surgery date for the next stage of my reconstruction so I may be missing in action in the middle of April. Now I have to make MORE appointments to get ready for surgery. Did I happen to mention I am beginning to dislike doctor's offices and waiting rooms intensely??! I had a sonogram done of my leg this past week, and the technician knew my plastic surgeon and his family. She mentioned that his favorite patients were his breast cancer patients and that he prayed for each one of them. I liked him before she told me that, but I like him even more now!! He really is a sweetheart!

So...you're probably asking...did I get any stitching done? The answer is....yes of course! I had a lot of time waiting in those waiting rooms, so I try to have something handy to work on in a pinch. I chose this one, because it's monochromatic and small and I didn't have to carry a lot of stuff around with me. It's one of the crazy 15...and I've gotten quite a bit done!


The next one is the Spring SAL. The second step came out this morning, and because it was small, I just stitched it up quickly so I am ready for the next part when it comes out.


The next one is my UFO. I didn't get much time to stitch on it, but managed to get a couple of strands stitched on Thursday. I was just under the wire, because Thursday was an incredibly busy day. Here are before...


And after pictures...


I'm also working on a SAL from Oakhaven Designs. The March owl was released last week, and I stitched that up quickly too. I want to stay ahead of my SAL's because with my luck, you never know what tomorrow holds!!


Lastly, is a little picture of something Mouse should be happy about. This is the fabric and thread I've chosen. I don't know when I'll get a chance to start this, and I do have a couple of questions for you...but at least I have the materials to get started now. It's hard to see in the picture, but the fabric is a pretty purple...and I chose it because I thought that was your favorite color...am I right? I am dying to get started, I just need to find some time...


And one of these days I'll be able to show you a picture of the other project I'm working on. It's a spring exchange piece, I have it stitched, I just need to bite the bullet and put it together. Please send stitchy thoughts my way so I get the courage to get going! I need brain thoughts too, so I can figure out the best way to get this thing together. Maybe I need a kick in the pants...LOL I know I'll be kicking myself when it's done thinking..."Why was I worried?", and "It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!" Maybe Tuesday? I just know I need to get moving because I have to get it in the mail soon! Wish me luck!!

Ok, off to rest my head...and try to get rid of this cough. Hope you are well and getting lots of stitching done wherever you may be! *Hugs*

8 comments:

nutmegg said...

Oh DJ, you know you really didn't have to take my giveaway so seriously, sorry!!!!

Tricia T said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon, DJ! I really like the little spring sal. You get so much done!!! I'm inspired!

Astrids dragon said...

So sorry you're not feeling well, we've got something going around at our house too and I'm trying not to get it.

Glad that most of your Dr's appts have gone well! Some of them just have no idea how to treat patients.

Everything is looking great, I still don't know how you do it all! Take care ♥

Tracey said...

So sorry you're feeling badly DJ, but way to look on the bright side- much better to have it now than before! Your WIPs are looking beautiful!

Mouse said...

HI DJ :) hope you are feeling better soon ((((HUGS)))) tissues and a bit of cough stuff coming your way :) .... love what you've done stitching wise ... love the colours you've chose too ... I do like purple ... looking forward to the questions :) and glad you have got your appointments sorted ... always knew you had a heart;) and I'll join you with the walking and hope you don't have to go back to the horrid Dr (or the nice ones either ..lol) love mouse xxxxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Oh DJ hope you start to feel better soon. Some doctors are just an ass (sorry). Love your UFO it can't be that far of being finished :D
LiBBiE in Oz

Edy said...

I can't push it hard enough -- hot tea with lemon and honey! Does a h*11 of a job on coughs and doesn't hurt with the sniffles.

Spring colds are the pits -- the weather usually looks so nice, and you feel so crappy.

Feel better love!

Edy said...

Oh...forgot to add that your stitching looks great!