Friday, March 6, 2009

T.G.I.F



Thank goodness it's Friday!!!

This has been an extremely crazy week, and I'm so thankful it's over! DH has been sitting on this beach all week while I've been dealing with the terrible twos (that's what I call this stage in DS's development...the double digits of teenagerdom) Actually, the truth is, he hasn't been sitting on a beach, though he is in Hawaii. He's been in conferences in a building with no windows, he could be in Alaska for all you can tell from the inside of this building. But the commute to the conference is like heaven on earth! I actually took this picture two years ago when I took my two week mercy trip to Hawaii. I went to visit a friend whose husband was serving in Iraq. I told everyone it was a mercy mission but I never said who's mercy it was for! She and I visited this beach at sunset just so I could take this picture! LOL

This week was "Feeder concert" week. DS plays the clarinet and bass clarinet. The middle schools that "feed" into the main high school in the area, got together with the high school band and orchestra and they all played together in a concert tonight. We've watched DS in every concert he's ever played in since elementary school, we listen to him practice, and we've watched his improvement over the years. But I have to say, I've never heard his "band" sound so good as it did tonight! I really enjoyed this concert! It's a shame his Dad had to miss it! DS has had practice in the mornings before school and for two hour rehearsals twice this week. Between getting his homework done, eating, getting him to rehearsals, and even a field trip to a theater in the round today, it has been a wild and whacky ride! I'm so glad it's over. I'm exhasuted, and I think he is too!

I have to say though, I was invited to a "stitch in" today! It was WONDERFUL to be with friends who understand the frustrations, can make you laugh through the insanity, and who have the tastiest meals on the planet! I didn't get much stitching done, but it was the best therapy session I've had in ages! There is something about fellow stitchers, and I'm sure you understand this, they are generous, helpful and inspiring. I'm so very thankful to have them in my life, they make life worthwhile!! I had to leave early because of the concert tonight, but I wanted to pack them up and take them with me! In my opinion, we don't get together often enough! BUT!!! I have a stitching retreat weekend coming up the first weekend in May and I'll get to spend the whole weekend with these phenominal women.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well, it's late, I'm babysitting the dog next door and it's time he had his nightly constitutional, and DS and I have a date in front of the TV watching a show tonight. I guess it's time to make my way off this and go spend time in the real world. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

That stitching retreat sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy it.