Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday at the zoo!



Hello Everyone!

Just a quickie here to let you see what I've been up to! I've been working on a March Mystery SAL found on this blog http://mahelia.canalblog.com/ . She has had other cute patterns but I've never had the time to participate before. Anyway, I'm almost done, I have to show her that I've made it this far and then I get the next piece of the puzzle. I THINK it's an Easter Egg...what would your guess be? I'll let you know when I'm finished!

Yesterday was a very strange day. I got a call from DS just after he got to school telling me he needed his sheet music for a Band competition later that day, without it he wouldn't be able to attend. So I had to search the house for his music, then run it over to the school. Since I was up and about so early, I thought I would go run some errands. But First (remember that disease?) I had to call a friend to ask her a question (her answer would determine where I started my errands). While talking to her, the phone beeped indicating an incoming call (don't you love call waiting? LOL) so I took the call thinking it might be DS needing something else. It was another friend who is trying to get ready for her daughter's wedding and wanted me to run some errands with her. I had to go grocery shopping first so told her I would meet her when I was done. Shopping (which usually takes about an hour) took almost two because the line for the checkout wrapped across the store twice (commissary shopping is NEVER fun!!), I was in line longer to check out then I was to shop!! Good thing I had already had an early start to the day! The rest of the day was spent in giggles and oooohs and aaaaahs while we put our creative thinking caps on and tried to imagine wedding decorations and favors. We even got to do some clothes shopping! I dearly love my friend Sonya, she makes everything fun and I was thrilled she included me!

It's a rainy day here today. The Cherry Blossom Festival is going on in Washington, DC this weekend but they are having a rainy day. I feel sorry for the folks who decided to turn out this year. You would think that living this close I would have been to see the festival at least once, and one year I will! I have a hard time with crowds, so maybe I'll see if I can go Monday after the "tourists" go home! LOL!! I've seen some lovely pictures of the cherry blossoms near the basin by the Jefferson Memorial. One day I'm going to get some pictures!

I just want to mention the folks near the Red River in North Dakota, and the folks in Mississippi and Oklahoma (and perhaps other states in the south) who are dealing with flooding and severe weather (tornadoes and hail storms). I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose your homes in such a way and they are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you'll join me in my prayers for them.

Thanks for checking in. Have a great day! *Hugs*

2 comments:

nutmegg said...

Hi DJ I will join you in your prayers as I know many prayed for us in Australia while the bushfires was destroying homes and lives.

Twana said...

Cute pattern.